• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ok experts Which is better Palos brunch or the Dinner?

I would choose brunch if I could only do one. You order an entree off a menu. Before your meal is served, you choose starters from a spectacular buffet. I don't know if I've ever enjoyed a brunch more anywhere else.

But why not try to do both brunch and dinner? You have to eat dinner somewhere, and dinner at Palo exceeds the quality of dinner in the regular dining rooms.

Palo also offers high tea on the Disney Magic. If you've never had high tea before, it would be fun -- but we've had far better high teas at various deluxe hotels.

We did brunch and dinner at Palo on the Magic 1/25 sailing. Both were very, very good. Brunch was the best!! Next Disney cruise, I will probably skip the dinner and do brunch twice.

sue

Worth repeating Anne!

BRUNCH!
BRUNCH!

Rae

When is the Brunch on the Western?

And, can you sign up for Brunch reseverations at the same time as you sign up for dinner reservations?

Gosh, I thought I was the only one who that brunch was WAY better than dinner!

I would have to be the lone dissenter here (grin). The lasagna I had at dinner Wednesday night was so amazing (for lack of a better word in the English language that could truly describe it) that I don't think anything could have topped it. Brunch Thursday came close, but I will never, ever, forget that dinner.

Still, based on popular opinion and personal experience, I don't think you could go wrong choosing brunch, either. :)

Brunch!!!! In June of 2001 we had both dinner and brunch at Palo's. I still think of that wonderful day up at Palo's. I agree with the others. If you have the time do both to see what you think but if you can only get one time Brunch is a must:)

I'm not too sure I'd make a choice between them....go to both. I may be another 'lone wolf'....I'd rather go to dinner. Both were OUTSTANDING, however we felt dinner was a little more romantic. Also, you can't get "THE" soufle at brunch (I tried - man, I tried....offered a bribe...begged...whimpered...whined).

Whatever you decide....enjoy!

While both meals were outstanding, if I had to do one, it would be brunch. The 2 main reasons are the food - breads, cold seafood, cheeses, meats, pastries, hot entrees, wood fired pizzas, omg, I am having palpitations just remembering it - and the view. We did the brunch on KW day and it was so lovely sitting up in Palo watching the ship approach the Keys, then watching the docking process, then people watching. Did I mention we were there for a really long time? It was the best brunch we've ever had, hands down.

Thanks everyone I guess I will do a Brunch instead of the planned Dinner. I really only want to do one meal without the kids. After all it is our family cruise.
Thanks again

Okay, you talked me into it. I'd like to brunch with my mom to celebrate her birthday...it's a few days before we sail. Then I'd like to treat her to a spa treatment right after that. Several people say that brunch takes awhile...which is nice because I'm sure it's relaxing. What time should I schedule each of these so that we have plenty of time for both in the same afternoon?

Originally posted by Annette
Thanks everyone I guess I will do a Brunch instead of the planned Dinner. I really only want to do one meal without the kids. After all it is our family cruise.
Thanks again

Annette--how about making a dinner reservation at Palo for AFTER your dining time. Go with your kids to dinner, and only order an appetizer. Then take them to the kids clubs for an hour while you and DH dine at Palo.

Anne

Mom and I had brunch around 10AM and we stayed for a little over an hour. Doing the spa a few hours after your scheduled brunch might be less stressful plus if you have a group that will sit together during brunch, you might just want to stretch it out even longer!

Rae

Brunch is offered only on the days at sea. The variety offered is incomparable to anything else on the ship and the value is worth it!

Rae

On the Eastern, we tried both dinner and the brunch and will definitely do the brunch again this July. Not so sure about the dinner, wasn't that impressed w/ what I ordered...The brunch is the best!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter