OK age old Question: Any news on River Country at FW?

OldSchoolDisney

Mouseketeer
Thinking of making reservations for next year at either FW cabins or Port Orleans-Riverside......as always downside of FW is pools, any news on what is to become or not become of River Country?

We went buy it several times in Sept. It was just sitting there, not a "sole"in site....... alas, I had to *LOL* when the lights came on at night! With all the "penny pinching" Disney has been doing lately, you'd think they'd kill those lights.....

I've never been to River Country, but I think it's really quite sad that it might not ever re-open again. Wasn't it the first WDW "water park"?

:wave2:

River Country was the first Disney 'water park'.

We went to Mickey's Back Yard BBQ in July. They use the pavillion at River Country for this. The Bathroom is the old River Country Locker Room. The Lockers are all still there. The access to the rest of River Country is Blocked with one of those 8ft tall Wooden Fences.

Part of the reason from what I have read for River Country closing is that its primary water source was the Lake. They where having a hard time filtering the water enough to remove the bacteria that is the cause of why you can't swim in the MK Lakes anymore.

It always closed in the winter once the newer water parks opened because the water at River Country is/was not heated. It would be closed at this time of year even if it was 'open'.

I have 2 regrets from my first trips to Disney with my DWand then my DS. First trip with my DW was just before Discovery Island closed and we didn't go. First trip with my DS was just before River Country closed. He was not even 3, but we where staying at the FW Cabins. If I had know it was going to close we would have gone. I would have liked for the DWand the DS to experience these places that I remember from when I went as a kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter