Oil company just saved us $875

iNTeNSeBLue98

DIS Veteran
When we signed on for this year's budget, the cap was $4.699/gallon. Prices have dropped dramatically since July, and I had considered calling for an adjustment but didn't know if they would change it.

We got a letter from the owner of our oil company today. Because of the drop in the heating oil market, they have lowered our monthly payment by more than 50%, just in time for Christmas! :banana:

WOW...LUCKY! :thumbsup2

I wish our would do that! We locked in clear back in July and now we are stuck. I completely understand WHY they(our provider) can't but it sure would be nice! We are one of the unfortunate ones who signed our agreement for XXX gallons at $X.XX per gallon. Stinks knowing the prices for propane is 1/2 the cost of what we signed up for and we still have to pay the high price.

Live and let learn

WOW...LUCKY! :thumbsup2

I wish our would do that! We locked in clear back in July and now we are stuck. I completely understand WHY they(our provider) can't but it sure would be nice! We are one of the unfortunate ones who signed our agreement for XXX gallons at $X.XX per gallon. Stinks knowing the prices for propane is 1/2 the cost of what we signed up for and we still have to pay the high price.

Live and let learn

Bummer. We didn't pre-pay, just the budget, but they had to buy the oil up front at the higher prices too. The last fill (Nov?) was at 2.999, and DH says he's seen competition well below $2.00 recently. I'm glad they took it upon themselves to make the change for us.

I was able to "renegotiate" with my lock-in rate and it came down not quite 50%! My DSis, unfortunately, has a different provider and they were not willing to come down in price. So, they'll be buying no more oil from them this year and probably switching to my provider (plus, they installed a pellet stove this year and are trying to use that much more).

Clearly, I'll be staying with my provider!! Especially since my oil delivery turned out to be the day prior to my rate change and they "refunded" the difference without my even asking.

Wow another great reason to live in Texas. Glad you saved some money but boy am I happy that a standard ole heat pump at a cost of $70.00 a month supplies us with all the warm air we need to keep our home nice & comfy throughout the winter.

Wow another great reason to live in Texas. Glad you saved some money but boy am I happy that a standard ole heat pump at a cost of $70.00 a month supplies us with all the warm air we need to keep our home nice & comfy throughout the winter.
Ditto!

I feel for the people who have to buy oil for heat! I'm just glad I live in FL!! We never need heat, maybe two times a year and that's it!

I locked my budget in at a higher rate, but I just got a fill up. (60 whopping gallons) and they are charging me a much lower rate. It's very nice.

We take our chances and don't lock in. Our last delivery in Sept was $4.14/gallon :scared1: I just ordered today at $1.81/gallon :cloud9: With the company we use, if their price goes down between the time you order and when they deliver, you get the lower price so if they lower the price tomorrow morning, we get the lower price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter