Ohio Flights

DiznyMagic

<font color=green>Touched by a fairy<br><font colo
Wow I'm having a VERY difficult time finding affordable flights from Cleveland! :confused3 Even when I choose a nearby airport flights are still over 1K and many leaving in the evening arriving at 10 pm or after!! Not sure what to do...we still have time as our trip is in June but really worried that our flights will cost us an arm and leg!!

Also if we were to rent a car can we drop it off at the Port? is there an extra charge for that??

Have you considered flying from Pittsburgh?

For the rental, are you thinking about doing two one-way rentals? It's totally do-able. I've done it several times with Budget. There's a drop off location a mile or so from the Port and they run a shuttle back and forth.

I just booked flights yesterday for May flying out of Hopkins, it was $311 per person on Continental non-stop.

@LWQuestie - Yes I tried Pittsburg, Akron and Columbus. What I'm finding is alot of the flights are leaving later or about the same price. Columbus had a much lower price and leaving in the morning but by the time I factor in the overnight stay it washed out the savings!

@IhavePDD - Really? Was that a morning flight? I live like 5 minutes away from Hopkins but the flights I've seen are all leaving in the afternoon :-(

Have you considered flying from Pittsburgh?

For the rental, are you thinking about doing two one-way rentals? It's totally do-able. I've done it several times with Budget. There's a drop off location a mile or so from the Port and they run a shuttle back and forth.

As for the car - we were thinking it would be cheaper to get at the airport and keep it overnight then drive to the port and drop it off. Instead of renting a town car to take us to port.

Renting a one way car is likely to be cheaper than a towncar trip (depending on season, size requirements, YMMV of course).

You can also rent one-way the other way, picking up at the port and dropping off at the airport.

This week SW dropped the fares out of CMH - they were running 250, and now they are 200. These prices only go through the first week of June, though. 200 is a decent price out of CMH to MCO - You may see 160-180, but I haven't seen it that price during the summer in while. I check SW fares 3-4 times a day...even after I book ..I decided to go with the 200 and if it drops a little more, I'll take the credit.

Keep watching the SW fares! Weds and Thurs are often best... ...also, sometimes the prices to Tampa drops too - easy drive to WDW. I got Tampa tiks last fall for $140 while MCO was $200. All of these I've mentioned are direct flights out of CMH on SW.

Wow I'm having a VERY difficult time finding affordable flights from Cleveland! :confused3 Even when I choose a nearby airport flights are still over 1K and many leaving in the evening arriving at 10 pm or after!! Not sure what to do...we still have time as our trip is in June but really worried that our flights will cost us an arm and leg!!

Also if we were to rent a car can we drop it off at the Port? is there an extra charge for that??

1K for how many people? What are your dates?

Another option is Ytown. Everyone has their opinion of Allegiant Air into Sanford, but we used them last year and saved a lot of money. We were finding $300pp out of CLE and we were able to get $148pp out of Ytown. Just throwing it out there as another option.

Keep checking SW out of CLE. A few weeks ago CLE was cheaper than CMH to MCO and TPA. We were able to find CLE to TPA for $107pp each way with our departure arriving at TPA at 11:30am(ish). (This was pre rule change with the fees included.)

We booked out of Cleveland yesterday for 324 nonstop with Continental for May leaving May 12 at 7:45 am and coming back May 20 at 3:30.

I just booked tickets out of CAK for $324 for the end of June. That was for a nonstop leaving at 7:30 am. The prices out of Hopkins were worse than that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter