• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

O'Hare (ORD) experts, question about hotel transportation

Brer boy

Mouseketeer
This may seem like a hotel question, but it's more transportation. We are looking for a hotel near O'Hare where we can drive from Wisconsin, stay overnight, use their transportation to get to ORD and keep car at hotel for 5 days. I hate parking at ORD and we have an early morning flight. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Just wanted to say hi to a fellow Milwaukeean!! We stayed at a hotel near O'hare a few years back and did a park and fly. I will try to see if I still have that information. :D

We aren't in Milwaukee (Don't pay for the screwed up govenment). We live in West Bend.

As an alternate, I suggest that you might want to book the Candlewood Suites via Hotwire (you can tell because it is the one with suite amenities in the O'Hare area), stay there overnight, then leave your car at the Avistar parking lot a few blocks away (you can get a great rate for Avistar via www.airportparkinglots.com). Avistar has continual shuttles to ORD, and you will end up paying less than you would for park & fly. We have done this several times, as we do a Disney cruise almost every month, and it has always worked out great.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Barb Thanks for the site! How much per night is the "usual". I am trying to figure out if it's cheaper to drive to ORD and park then to fly out of MKE>

We've been flying out the night before lately, but I think Candlewood was in the $30 range before the Hotwire fee (around $5 additional) and Avistar was $6 or $7 per day (the parking lot website will give you a no-obligation quote).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter