Ohanna or Luau

Merandab4

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone, I am planning a trip for Spetember. It will be for our Disney wedding and Honeymoon. I've been reading a lot of books on Disney and reading up on all the restaurants. The minute I read about the polynesian Luau. I thought that would be something great for DH and I to experience. The atmosphere sounds great and the food selection sounds wonderful. The only problem is that I have read reviews on other web sites about the Luau and people were very dissappointed. They say the show has changed from what it had been in the past and they were not impressed. For both DH and I to go to the Luau it will cost around $100.

My question is...... Should we skip the Luau and Just do Ohanna's for dinner. I hear the atmosphere there is very festive and after dinner the beach at the Polynesian is a great place to watch the magic kingdom firework. This dinner would also be half the price.

Or, should I just say "hey, I'm on my honeymoon," and take the chance and go to the show?

What is your opinion on either location?

DH and I went to the luau on our honeymoon and really enjoyed it. I'd say go for it - it IS your honeymoon! Congratulations and have a great time!

Michelle

If you want good food, go to O'hana. I used to LOVE the Luau, but it is sorely lacking now. In my opinion the Luau is geared more towards kids now and the food is mediocre at best and down right horrible most of the time. For a GREAT dinner you won't go wrong at O'hana!:wave:

We went to the Luau in September. The second half was better than the beginning of it. My husband wants to see it again! I thought that it was a nice night out!

Michelle

We've done both and I have to say the food at Ohanna's is some of the best at any restaraunt we've eaten at in Disney. The food at the Luau was awful and the show was just so so.
Best of luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter