• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana's

KimOhio

<font color=green>Was on a quest for a Haunted Man
so I have tried to get ressy for any night of our 9 day trip waited too long to book it. what are the chances of walking up and getting a table for a party of 3 adults any night from Sept 30th to Oct 5th? Thanks for everyones opinions

so I have tried to get ressy for any night of our 9 day trip waited too long to book it. what are the chances of walking up and getting a table for a party of 3 adults any night from Sept 30th to Oct 5th? Thanks for everyones opinions

Your chances are slim to none. It is one of, if not after BOG, the most difficult reservations to get. Since it is a character breakfast, there is a $10/person no show fee for dinner as well. So cancellations do occur. Keep checking on line all the time. Especially just before 24 hours before when you want to go.
The other option is to go and lineup in the "I Hope" walkup line right before opening. There are reports that some walkups are seated. Just be prepared for 1) a Long Wait or 2) disappointment.
Good Luck

Not great! We went in September with a reservation. There was a HUGE line of people with no reservations trying to get tables. The wait time was 2 hours and people were MAD!! One guy yelled at me and said, "my family has been waiting over an hour". The CM told him I had a reservation. It is a popular restaurant and I believe a lot of people have free dining during that time which makes it even worse!!

I would say get there as soon as they open for dinner. We had a reservation at opening, at 5. There was a family that was a walk-up ahead of me checking in. They told her maybe and gave her a pager. I noticed they were sitting at a table right next to us about 10 minutes later.

Keep checking online everyday as often as you can. It's a credit card guarantee restaurant so people will cancel when their plans change.

As a group of 3, try that first, then try looking for 4 because the reservation system has a quirk that makes it harder for odd numbered groups to book a table. If you get a reservation for 4, just let the CMs at the podium know you are a group of 3. You will not be charged for the 4th person as long as at least 1 of you show up for the dinner. Also, everyone who will be at the table needs to be included so try for 3 or 4. Don't book a table for 2 thinking you can add a 3rd person at check in - because that person could be turned away.

I would say get there as soon as they open for dinner. We had a reservation at opening, at 5. There was a family that was a walk-up ahead of me checking in. They told her maybe and gave her a pager. I noticed they were sitting at a table right next to us about 10 minutes later.

This would be my suggestion too - try to be there 4:45 to 5:00 and you have a very good chance of getting a walk-in. Any later and it will be a Huge wait!

thanks guys wish me luck

KimOhio, I have an Ohana reservation On Oct.2 at 7:10 that I'm going to cancel. If you would like it let me know soon cause I'm going to cancel tonight. I'll wait a while to hear from you.

KimOhio, I have an Ohana reservation On Oct.2 at 7:10 that I'm going to cancel. If you would like it let me know soon cause I'm going to cancel tonight. I'll wait a while to hear from you.

Give her some time to see this if you can volleymom. I hope it works out for her.

You're chance's aren't great but don't give up! We also booked late one year and the only option was a super ADR that didn't work with our schedule. We kept checking and a spot opened up and we got an ADR at a great time about two weeks from our arrival date.

My boss did a walk up in September for his family of 6. I believe they got there before 5 and were prepared to wait but didn't wait long at all.

Walk-in? Slim to none... but I heard that if you go before 5:00 PM, people wait in line and they can sometimes take the place of no-shows. It's worth a try.

Keep checking online everyday as often as you can. It's a credit card guarantee restaurant so people will cancel when their plans change.

I noticed that people seem to cancel more reservations between 5:00 PM and 9:00 AM. I always try during those times and I've been able to get a late-advanced reservation for everything (even 'Ohana) except BOG within one month. Keep checking every day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter