Ohanas - what to wear???

MeeskaMooskaMickey

Mouseketeer
Bit of a trivial question but curious nevertheless - when you dine at Ohana's in the evening, is it reasonably dressy? Am I right in assuming it's not formal but you would dress smarter than in the daytime, or do people come here straight from the parks in their shorts??

Sadly, most people don't dress up for even the signature restaurants. You can truly wear anything to 'Ohana. Most people go straight from the parks and are dressed in very casual clothes.

I wore a black sparkly top, black fleecy sweatpants and a Disney 2012 sweatshirt. Anything goes really.

I have dined at O'Hana a few times in the past few years and I have dressed "down" in shorts and top and I have dressed "up" wearing a sundress or skirt. I want to say it will be a mix of both since some people are coming from a day at the parks or some are coming just for dinner.

I am going in JUly and plan on dressing on the nicer side because it is "date night" with my boyfriend!!

Good luck!

I typically wear a sundress or a skirt and top to TS restaurants that are outside of the park, but you really will see everything at 'Ohana. Jean cutoffs, tees, park clothing, tank tops-- anything goes! Just go with whatever you're comfortable with.:goodvibes

Ohana is pretty casual. I mean, you have kids running around everywhere playing organized games! Not somewhere I'd bother to dress up for (unlike, say, Cali Grill). I just wear park clothes.

DD wore a Hawaiian inspired outfit:thumbsup2

Would have had son wear a Hawaiian shirt if he had one::yes::

But yes anything goes. Have a great trip! Ohana is the only restaurant we have been to on every trip! YUMM Just can't stop thinking of that dessert!:stitch:

Like a pp stated, some people don't even dress nice for the signature restaurants.
For the non-signatures or the signatures in the parks, you can wear & everyone does wear t-shirts and shorts or whatever you would wear into the parks during the day.

If we dine anywhere in the evening, we get a little more dressed up. :) Even when we're in the parks, we make sure we're a little more dressed up that day or we get changed before dinner.

I agree with the rest. Really anything goes, but! I wouldn't go straight from the parks all sweaty and gross. I would at least shower and try to look halfway decent. Shorts, khakis, jeans.. anything. We loveeee Ohana's!

As others have said, you will see a variety of dress at 'Ohana.

Many people come straight from the parks for dinner at 'Ohana, & so they'll be wearing whatever they wore to the parks. Others will be slightly "dressier" - sundresses, capris, dress shorts, etc.

For resort restaurants, we do tend to go back to our room to change clothes & freshen up before dinner. We also go back to our room & change/freshen up for CRT as well.

For 'Ohana, I try to do sort of a "tropical" look... And we're one of those silly matchy-matchy families too... although, now that the kids are older, I can't say we "match". Instead, I have to plan "coordinating" outifts. There's a difference. ;)

Anyway, last year, I wore capri pants & a dressier top. DD wore an Hawaiian-print skirt w/ a matching top. DSs wore coordinating Hawaiian-plaid shorts & shirts from Gymboree. DH wore dress shorts w/ a collared top.

We fit in fine - there were some families there that weren't as dressy, & there were some that were dressed about the same as we. I saw many women in sundresses & maxi dresses. In prior visits, I've worn a skirt, a sundress, capris, & shorts.

'Ohana is not in the least dressy. You will see guests wearing anything and everything. Haven't seen anyone in a swimsuit but that'd probably not be objected to.

Wear whatever you like. When the skewers come out, nobody's looking at clothing.:earsboy:

Fenwar said:
I'd wear loose clothes at O'hana's.....!!!

This post is so full of awesome...expandable beltlines are indeed key

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter