Ohana's was horrible

3 of 4 of the last few times we went to Ohana over the past several years, the service has declined. The last time, the server had us pay before desert was served and she all but threw the desert bowls at us. I think that is what makes the difference whether it is an enjoyable dining experience or not.

I just got a dining reservation for Ohana in November.. wondering if I should rethink that based on everyone's comments? We've not been to Disney in years and don't want to waste a dining experience on it if it's bad ...

You can read all the reviews and decide. You'll see a range from horrible to best meal at WDW. We recently dined there, and both my DH and myself enjoyed it and would go back . Best meal ever at WDW No. I considered changing our ADR as well after reading these reviews, glad I didn't. LeCellier, same thing...some negative reviews but we loved it.

Don't overthink it. If the menu looks good to you, go for it. Literally every restaurant at WDW gets bad reviews. Bottom line, I my opinion, every TS restaurant at WDW is good- very few are great.

You can read all the reviews and decide. You'll see a range from horrible to best meal at WDW. We recently dined there, and both my DH and myself enjoyed it and would go back . Best meal ever at WDW No. I considered changing our ADR as well after reading these reviews, glad I didn't. LeCellier, same thing...some negative reviews but we loved it.

Don't overthink it. If the menu looks good to you, go for it. Literally every restaurant at WDW gets bad reviews. Bottom line, I my opinion, every TS restaurant at WDW is good- very few are great.

Thanks for your thoughts! I'll definitely look over the menu and give it a chance.

We really enjoyed our meal at 'Ohana earlier this month! The bread pudding was the highlight - BEST dessert of the entire trip! I also loved all of the food aside from the first batch of chicken which didn't have the awesome flavor of the second type our server brought.

The worst part for us was the absolutely awful live music during our meal - we felt like we were at Hawaiian karaoke it was that bad - the woman was just so out of tune and loud... :faint: There was also a group seated at the table right next to us that had a screaming newborn baby... and they never took it out of the restaurant to let the people around them eat in peace... well, as much peace as could be had with the live "musician" traveling from table to table. :lmao:

Ohana is so hit or miss.

I went in July 2014 and had a TERRIBLE experience. The food was mediocre, mainly because the giant grills in the middle of the restaurant were broken and the meat was cooked elsewhere...and was HORRIBLE.

However, I went back this past summer and it was GREAT.

we were there in May and it was our most favorite meal..the beginnings of pot stickers and wings and the noodles and veggies..but the meat( love it rare) and the shrimp were our most favorite items of the meal....this was our second year in a row....so sorry that your meal was not good...I hope that this place gets its act together..

WOW....so many mixed reviews of this restaurant! Considering it for DD Sweet 16 b-day dinner and timing it where we could watch wishes. I like my meat med. well....may be an issue from the sounds of things. I also saw other threads mentioning that they did away with chicken??? Is it pork or is it chicken? My 180 day mark is next week......HELP!

They had done away with chicken at one point, but it's back now. When we went in August, the menu was:

Bread
Salad
Wings and dumplings
Steak, chicken, shrimp
Noodles/vegetables
Bread pudding

It was one of the best meals of our trip! It was our first time there and it's definitely on the must-do list from now on!

WOW....so many mixed reviews of this restaurant! Considering it for DD Sweet 16 b-day dinner and timing it where we could watch wishes. I like my meat med. well....may be an issue from the sounds of things. I also saw other threads mentioning that they did away with chicken??? Is it pork or is it chicken? My 180 day mark is next week......HELP!

Yes, they have chicken. No pork. Just remember this is what I would call a TS/ buffet combo type of restaurant. They are set-up to cook everything and serve one way to keep everything moving. So if you want steak more/less done, you simply have to ask.

If your daughter likes the type of food they have, I'm sure you'll have a great experience.

We went this past Sept and I have to admit that is was not that good. The chicken thighs were definitely undercooked and my son tried to eat the shrimp and threw it down and said it was so "mushy". My husband also commented that the shrimp tasted bad as well.

I think the quality of the proteins they use now is a far cry from what they used to serve. On different occasions we have had over cooked, stringy shrimp, mushy shrimp, and slimy shrimp. In all cases, it was practically tasteless. I think they are using farmed instead of wild caught shrimp. Didn't they use white meat for the chicken years back? The beef seems to be from less costly cuts as well.

I feel this way about the food served at Hoop Dee Doo also. The quality of the ribs there has gone done and the chicken is more breading than chicken now. I think this all points back to the need to lower costs because of the dining plans.

I just got a reservation for our trip in Nov, I am wondering now if we should keep it. We tried Whispering Canyon last year and hubby was not impressed after hearing good things, I don't want this to be another let down.

I just got a reservation for our trip in Nov, I am wondering now if we should keep it. We tried Whispering Canyon last year and hubby was not impressed after hearing good things, I don't want this to be another let down.

There are no guarantees. By and large, all the TS restaurants at WDW are good. On any given night, like any restaurant, you could have a bad meal (or service.) Or even just not like what you ordered. So, if you changed your ADR from Ohana to somewhere else it wouldn't change that fact.

I was shocked at the bad quality of this restaurant. The only reason we took the family was because of all the rants and raves on here where folks thought it was so great. It made me realize 'great' is relative. My great isn't another person's great and so on. Quantity never equals quality. And their bread pudding? It was dry. I love bread pudding and make it all the time but theirs was not moist. The rolls were just plain rolls. Nothing special like we had heard. Never again. Not one more dollar.

We have been 3 times in the last year. Last September, it was our best meal, hands down. Everything we ate was fantastic. Same in March. We went again in June and everything was wonderful again - the only complaint I had is that the veggies weren't "soft" enough for my liking - which is probably just a personal preference. Food was great! Service is where it lacked a little on our last trip. Our server just wasn't into it and didn't want to be bothered it seemed.

I was disappointed I couldn't get a reservation...now I'm not so concerned about it!

we loved our Ohana meal and I did ask for medium rare steak ..I like rare rare..but thought I had better tone it down...I hope that you spoke to someone about this meal

We went last week and it was all good, the skewer options were all cooked perfectly and were really good, service was decent. I miss the old salad but that's just me. If you are looking for a quiet atmosphere this is not the place for you. I can see if you did not know what you were getting yourself in for the atmosphere would tarnish your overall experience. We went in March also and it was DD's fiance's 1st time, he loved it and it was his only request for this trip. IMHO it borders on Chef Mickey/Chuckie Cheese atmosphere so not really my dining style but for the type of experience it is supposed to be I think it is solid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter