O'Hana's vs. Whispering Canyon

mom23boyz

Wishing I Had a Magic Wand
I'm getting the impression that both these places offer fun entertainment along with food. How do the two compare and are there any others that are similar?

The "fun entertainment" at Ohana is geared toward kids. Your entire party will experience the "fun entertainment" at WCC. That's if you consider constant nagging and bantering fun. When DH and I went to WCC a few years ago we had no idea what we were in for. We were good sports about it, but could have done without the big production. Haven't been there since. The only entertainment we witnessed at Ohana was the coconut races. Well, I guess the servers were somewhat entertaining with the whole "cousin" thing. They sat us by the window overlooking the lagoon. It was great and we can't wait to go back there! So to answer your question - Ohana vs. WCC - no comparison. JMO!

Ohana's is geared more towards smaller kids. Whispering Canyon is interactive fun for the whole family. The food in both is different but great!!

We ate at both locations in September, and it was our first time at each....(but keep in mind, we have no kids, so this is just two adults view)

WCC is LOUD, I mean really LOUD :earseek: ....not "my god get me out of here loud" but kids could talk in their "outside voice" (is that still used?) the whole time and you wouldn't bat an eye...there is always something going on, if not at your table, then at someone elses! There is a constant clatter. DH and I were commenting that kids have got to love this place because you can hoot, hollar, swing your napkin around, laugh at your dad as he is singing in front of everyone and then "ride" a horse around the whole place, and mom and dad can't get mad!

At Ohana, I didn't even notice any activities....I remember a "cousin" talking on a microphone and kids gathering around for the coconut races, but it didn't even draw my attention long enough to figure out what the heck the coconut races were! (Perhaps the break in my feeding is when the man was talking on the microphone....it must have been a quick break if I don't remember anything else!)

The food at both places was great....all served family style, more of whatever you want brought out at your request....I gotta say that WCC edges Ohana out just a bit over all, but I don't think you can go wrong at either one!

My extended family and I ate at Whispering Canyon recently, and we concluded it was the worst Disney dining experience we had ever had. Aside from the food, service, and atmospher, I suppose it was okay, but none of us will be back.

I've actually eaten at Ohana's twice, and found it most unimpressive. The meat was horribly overdone, and on one occassion the service was lousy. but since you asked us to pick one over the other, Ohana's is better than WCC.

But there are too many good restaurants out there to waste any time on either of these two clunkers.

We like both of these. Food at Ohanas I think is better, but I like asian type foods anyway. WCC is good but the show is what it is all about. Dinner is wilder than lunch or breakfast.

If you like quiet meals, forget about it; these two restaurants are as loud as traffic jams. 'Ohanas is fun, but overrated: if you like all-you-can-eat gutbusting fare and coconut races, this place is for you.

Personally, I think the food is better at Ohana. For the price, it seemed to be much tastier and much easier to get seconds (we had to constantly flag down our waitress at WCC for anything there).

Something to think about: you would get much better food at Artist Point and Kona Cafe!

I think 'Ohana has better food, and the entertainment is optional; you can actually relax there if you wish. At WCC the entertainment is NOT optional.

Honestly i hate both of them! We usually end up there as others in the family like the food, but I completly lose my appitite, and sit there in pain for most of the meal! Why o why would someone pay good money for lousy food in a nerve racking enviornment!!!

We love Ohanas! The food is awesome...ours was not a bit overdone. We love the appetizers and dessert. We had a wonderful waiter...he made the evening even more fun. The kids liked the hula hoop and coconut games. The best part was later in the evening - when Wishes began, they turned down the lights and piped in the music. We had a great view. It is something I will never forget. Sandie

Both are fun. 'Ohana is more sedate. The wait staff really doesn't pick on you, like they do at Whispering Canyon. At 'Ohana the kids can participate in the Hula Hoop contest as well as the Coconut Races. It is really cute and lots of fun. The view from 'Ohana is quite nice, as well. The food is DELICIOUS!

As for Whispering Canyon... it is fun, but the wait staff spares no one--- so, if like some in my family, you don't like being the center of attention and don't like to laugh at yourself, this is NOT the place to be (my relatives hated Whispering Canyon and loved 'Ohana). Anyone can be the object of ribbing, joking, etc. It is a lot louder than 'Ohana, and of course, the food is entirely different. The food here was OK, but I wasn't overly impressed.

Personally, we like 'Ohana better, but to each his own.

We hated WC , food awful, waiting staff non responsive. Ohanas was good, a real experience but not for fussy eaters.

We preferred WCC. O'Hana was alright but the food was over seasoned. WCC's food and atmosphere were much better.

We have dined at both. O'hana has better food but a little more exotic if that is a problem for the kids. I remember a night when we arrived at WL after a 15 hour, non-stop drive. I wasn't in the mood for any fun with the waiters at WCC and told the person who seated us. They put us in the corner and the waiters were very well behaved. It was still loud but they left us in relative peace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter