Ohana's and Fireworks

RSGroup

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about eating dinner at Ohana's, then going out on the beach at the Poly to watch the fireworks from MK. Do they pipe in the music? And is it crowded?

I am not sure if they play the music on the beach during Wishes, but they do pipe it in the restaurant.
Yes it is usually very very crowded.

If you make your reservation at 'Ohana close to (within an hour) before "Wishes" and request a table by the window - they dim the lights and pipe in the music when it begins! People get up and out of their seats and just stand around and watch. We were lucky to have a great view from our seats :) We have also watched Wishes from the beach, but I liked watching from the restaurant better!

Above post is true...but I have to add that you can only request a window seat it is not guarnteed. It is not easy to get a seat at the window...trust me. ;)

Try this,
After dinner, grab a bottle of wine and head out to Sunset Point to the Right of the beach. GReat spot, No music though but you can slightly hear it from the park.
Else take a fireworks cruise!

We eat at 'Ohana every trip and have never had any luck getting a window seat. We stay at the Poly and often watch Wishes from the beach. They do pipe in the music but personally I don't find it loud enough. My kids insist they even pipe the music underwater in the pool although I can't confirm that. As for it being crowded I have never found that. It is a huge beach and I have never seen it very full.

Personally, with the monorail being so convenient, I prefer to head over to MK and see Wishes in person.

On our first visit to Ohana we had a window table and were able to watch the fireworks. On all of other visits I haved booked 1 1/2 before fireworks and watch them from the beach,which we prefer. it has never been crowded, but we alwys visit may/sept. We do Ohana on our waterpark day so it's nice to actually watch the fireworks on our non-park days.

We love watching Wishes from the Poly beach. We usually have dinner at Ohana & then DH & I grab a drink from the bar to go & head out to the beach, grab a lounge chair & just relax. They do play the music & granted it's not very loud, but it's just such a great place to sit & watch the Water Pagent & fireworks with absolutely no crowd & sipping a frozen margarita! :cloud9:

I just booked a last minute trip. We would like to eat at Ohana on 7/28. They have times available for 6:25 or 8:45, we want to watch the fireworks from the beach and possibly see the water parade. Which time would be best? I'm thinking the 6:25 but not sure, what time is the water parade, the fireworks are at 10 that night? How long does dinner usually last?
Any suggestions?

TIA,
Tammy

I just booked a last minute trip. We would like to eat at Ohana on 7/28. They have times available for 6:25 or 8:45, we want to watch the fireworks from the beach and possibly see the water parade. Which time would be best? I'm thinking the 6:25 but not sure, what time is the water parade, the fireworks are at 10 that night? How long does dinner usually last?
Any suggestions?

TIA,
Tammy

I would say to go with the 6:25 so you aren't rushed.

I watched the July 4th fireworks on the poly beach on the 2nd and they piped the music onto the beach, but i have also been to watch wishes on the beach and they did not play the music, though they do in Ohana

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Tammy

Definitely go w/ what the PP poster said & do the earlier dinner because you may not get seated right away & you don't want to be rushed. Plus the Water Pagent usually goes by the Poly about 9pm, but according to Allears that time can change or even cancelled due to inclement weather so check w/ guest services to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter