Ohana?

kayli2299

Earning My Ears
Hi guys!! I am going to Disney World in February and am going to Ohana with my family and my best friend for my 16th birthday dinner. I wanted something close to Magic Kingdom that I didn't have to get in the car to get to. (I am staying at the Contemporary).

What are your thoughts on Ohana? Would it be worth it to eat here? Special enough for a birthday dinner? :goodvibes

My first choice was Be Our Guest. I have eaten there for lunch but never for dinner. I tried to book 180 days in advance, but I wasn't aware that you could book before that deadline if you are staying at a resort hotel (silly me).

Anyways, what do you guys think? :)

If you don't already have Ohana reservations you most likely wont get them. They fill up at the 180 day mark. People wake up to be online line as soon as the booking window opens on the 180 day mark in order to snag a Ohana reservation.

We love 'Ohana, and it would be a fun atmosphere to celebrate a birthday. While it does remain very popular, it's not even close to the BOG "rush" to get reservations at 180 days. Definitely worth looking and seeing if something is available. I would also suggest that you keep looking from time to time at BOG if that is really your first choice. Have a back-up plan, but ADRs get cancelled all the time, up to the last minute.

We love Ohana, I think it's a fun and yummy meal. Definitely read some dining reviews to have an idea of what it's about.

I think Ohana is special---but it's not a formal kind of special--more like a relaxed and celebratory atmosphere.

It's our must-do restaurant, we absolutely love Ohana. Especially if you can get an ADR right before or during Wishes, it's awesome to watch it from there or the beach at the Poly(of course you're staying at the Contemporary so it might not be as special for you).
If you're persistent with stalking the cancellations board and MDE you should be able to get one so don't get discouraged. My trip is in less than 3 weeks and I've almost got all my reservations squared away finally.

I snagged a reservatiom for ohana about 60 days out. Its very possible to get one after the 180 day mark. I also got a BOG reservation at about 30 days out too ;) just gotta be persistent

Yes, we love Ohana! Try for a window seat and watch wishes while you enjoy dessert. Spectacular!

We 'never' plan our Disney vacation 180 days out - even the dates - just decided a month ago to go end of Feb. and with only a few tries was able to get the ADR's we wanted - even 'Ohana at the time we wanted.

The online site is so wonky and down so much that I did it by phone. Have my ressie #'s, plus when I finally caught "My Disney Experience' working, took a screen shot to take with me. Just hate 'long drawn out planning'!

Although BATB is one of my favorite Disney movies and the theming of the restaurant is an experience- Ohana, hands down! The food was amazing! The service was great! The entertainment was a plus. And, you will get to check out the 'new' Poly resort.

If you don't already have Ohana reservations you most likely wont get them. They fill up at the 180 day mark. People wake up to be online line as soon as the booking window opens on the 180 day mark in order to snag a Ohana reservation.

"Anything is possible, wishes do come true". People cancel all the time and some stubborn fool gets lucky! Keep calling! I have been that stubborn fool before! Good luck!

I've really enjoyed Ohana both times we've gone. The beef and shrimp are fantastic, chicken and porks just o.k., the noodles and chicken wings are nice starters, and the bread pudding is awesome. I'm not a desert guy, but love that bread pudding.

It's super popular. There doesn't seem to be quite as much discussion about Ohana as 4-5 years so (just my observation:confused3), but it's still a very good option.

In our family, 3 out of the 5 love it, and other two are o.k. with it.

Dan

Ohana is awesome you will love it !! The bread pudding is to die for and I love the chicken wings!! Ohh I am making myself hungry I will be there in February !!

We always do Ohana for my husband. I think it's OK. It was better years ago when they had more meat choices and the pineapple for dessert. I think the bread pudding is disgusting.

It's a cute little place to eat, and I'm making it sound a lot worse than it is. We always enjoy our meals there, and it is a must do every trip.

We just ate here on 1/17. And we will never go back. Everything was cold... Shrimp cold... Steak cold... Pork cold and dry. Noodles were greasy and hard.

I also felt too rushed. Sat down and all the food came at once. The only item I liked was the pot stickers & wings but again they were cold.

Bread pudding was good but again cold. Wasted $80 for DH and I.

We just ate here on 1/17. And we will never go back. Everything was cold... Shrimp cold... Steak cold... Pork cold and dry. Noodles were greasy and hard.

I also felt too rushed. Sat down and all the food came at once. The only item I liked was the pot stickers & wings but again they were cold.

Bread pudding was good but again cold. Wasted $80 for DH and I.

I agree, we wont be going back either. Not a good meal at all. We were there at 530pm and the steak was like shoe leather....so dry. Wings were slimy. Pork was gross. Noodles were blah. Never ever again.

We had a 5:30pm dinner there earlier this week, and it was fantastic. Our food was hot, not overcooked, and actually had a ton of flavor. We even liked the lettuce wraps. We will be back!
It was a relatively quick meal, but we didn't mind that.

September was my first ever Disney trip and I had dinner there and I thought about that dinner all week! It was FANTASTIC!!!!!

It is my top must do. I had a 5:00 reservation and it was wonderful. The welcome the music. The games. The food.

Also, I watched the cancellation thread for my month like a hawk...I got a reservation for SEVEN a week before we were due to sit down at the table. Someone canceled for four and I took a chance and seven was available.

I had Whispering Canyon booked as my backup!

It'll be the second thing I book for our trip this year!

We went there for the first time in September and celebrated my nephews 11th birthday. It was a fabulous meal and a great way to celebrate. They sang to my nephew (we bought a cake). I highly recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter