• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Ohana

MrShiny

DIS Veteran
We are big 'Ohana fans. We first went in Septemer 2006, and have probably been about twen times since over the years.

This was the first time we've been since the new menu. I had heard really bad things, but was hopeful.

I must say overall experience was just fine, but comparing the new appetizers to the previous ones, they do fall flat. Howeer, I think that is somewhat the intent to focus more on the meat.

Previously, it was very easy to make a meal of the appetizers alone. That I think might have been the problem. It was very easy to get full before the main course.

I found the meat as good as always. I believe it was turkey, pork, steak and sausage. The sausage was very smooth (more like an Irish sausage). The other meats were excellent as we had come to expect.

The starch in the appetizers was fried won ton wrappers and dipping sauces (actually, I thin one was meant to be the salad dressing!). These were really not that interesting.

The second starch was scalopped potatoes, which were in fact pretty good. I liked the old wings and pot stickers, but these were good, and I do believe potatoes in general are popular in Hawaii (but then again, so is Spam!).

The salad as fine, and the shrimp were a bit odd. I can understand peel and eat are a bit easier to serve warm, but the "sweet and sour" sauce was pretty bland and served mainly to get in the way.

Dessert was very nice - bananas Foster bread pudding. Much more filling than the previous (and wonderfully simple) pineapple and caramel. It seems the intent is to fill you up more at the end than the beginning.

I would like to see the return of some of the old appetizers and the removal of the won ton wrappers.

Still, cannot argue with the meat, and that's what 'Ohana is all about.

So the chicken wings are gone too? I know my DS isn't going to like scalloped potatoes, although he might like the wonton wrappers. I'm assuming they're something like the fried noodles that you find on the table at chinese restaurants? I might have to rethink my ADR.

My husband and I ate at Ohana's last week. The chicken wings were served along with the shrimp. The pork and steak were cooked perfectly but the sausage and turkey was very dry. The food was plentiful and more than anyone could possibly eat.

thanks for the review - now that the shrimp is gone on the skewers, as well as the shrimp wonton appy, it doesn't seem all that appealling to us - the new dessert does sound good, though....

Yes, the wings are still there! My omission!

The won ton wrappers are strange. They just are not as tasty as you would think - sort of dry, and the sauces are not that memorable.

I still thing the entrees make t worthwhile, but I'l like to see a little bit of work fine tuning the appetizers.

Hi
We love those won ton chips with the peanut sauce!! The potatoes are delicious and we love the shrimp. This past December, we thought it was so good that we cancelled one of our other dinners and ate there twice.:thumbsup2

Dont the won ton chips taste like the chinese noodles usually served in chinese restaurants? In bowls, along with the hot tea?:goodvibes

been on property 20 trips and altho we have been to Poly dining lots we have never done Ohana,,,,,,,that being said.........Ohana, here we come,cant wait til Monday!!!popcorn::

Dont the won ton chips taste like the chinese noodles usually served in chinese restaurants? In bowls, along with the hot tea?:goodvibes

Sadly, no. I thought it would, or like the shell of an egg roll, but it was really dry and bland and the dipping sauces were unmemorable.

My husband and I would like to eat at O'hana's but our girls 5&6 will NOT eat anything that is on the menu. Any suggestions??

If they will eat something on the Kona Cafe menu, they can give you that instead of the 'Ohana food.

My husband and I would like to eat at O'hana's but our girls 5&6 will NOT eat anything that is on the menu. Any suggestions??

Hi
You can order from Kona. My DGD (4) got mac and cheese and fries from Kona. I think they also have grilled cheese to choose from and I forget the other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter