Ohana yay or nay?

Eating at Ohana worth it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisFanGuy

Earning My Ears
I've only been to Ohana once in my life and that was sometime in the mid 90's so my memory of it isn't great. I was gonna book a meal there for next years trip but it seems like all the reviews I've read have been negative. So i'm asking for opinions and suggestions. Should I go to Ohana and if not where should I go for the best experience. Also i'm not considering any of the signature restaurants.

I voted yes. I think a lot of the negativity right now is coming from all the changes. If you haven't been in that long, you aren't going to know what to compare the food to.

The first time we went Ohana had just changed the dressing/salad and removed some of the different sauces and people were complaining and giving negative reviews. It was still a great meal and I really enjoyed it because I didn't have the prior knowledge to compare it to.

Right now, they've removed the chicken skewers and apparently the salad. I'm bummed about the salad, but there are so MANY different pieces to this meal we're still going in September.

I think Ohana is just one of those places you either love or hate. Do I think you'll regret not going? No. Do I think you'll regret going? No. I think it's definitely one of the better 1TS credit dinners. Could you get better food some place else on property? Absolutely.

I'm going to say no. Our last three experiences have been pretty awful and we've crossed it off of our list. Its a little disappointing because we had some great meals/memories there, but the service has really taken a nose-dive and the food has been poorly prepared.

As for other recommendations, I'm not sure if you're looking for anything specific (characters, in park, buffet etc), but I would recommend Boma, Sanaa, Rose and Crown, LTT for lunch, BOG for dinner, Raglan Road...and probably several others before I recommended Ohana.

Have a great trip! :)

I voted yes. I think a lot of the negativity right now is coming from all the changes. If you haven't been in that long, you aren't going to know what to compare the food to.

The first time we went Ohana had just changed the dressing/salad and removed some of the different sauces and people were complaining and giving negative reviews. It was still a great meal and I really enjoyed it because I didn't have the prior knowledge to compare it to.

Right now, they've removed the chicken skewers and apparently the salad. I'm bummed about the salad, but there are so MANY different pieces to this meal we're still going in September.

I think Ohana is just one of those places you either love or hate. Do I think you'll regret not going? No. Do I think you'll regret going? No. I think it's definitely one of the better 1TS credit dinners. Could you get better food some place else on property? Absolutely.

Ditto here :thumbsup2.

Except for our family, we were just "slightly" disappointed about the chicken but obviously not enough for us to cancel our upcoming reservation in 3 weeks nor did it deter us from booking it again in December.

Like aaarcher86 says, there are many other pieces to this meal and because of that, we are still very much looking forward to eating here :goodvibes.

I'm basing my vote before the changes were made. I voted no. It was probably the meal that we disliked the most during the week we were there last year. The service was horrible and we did not care for the food. I liked the chicken, shrimp and the dessert, but everything else was nothing to get excited over. I have never had such slow service like we did at Ohana and I am seeing that more and more in reviews that I've read recently. It seems like you are either rushed through the meal too fast or it is just terribly slow... nothing in between. Keeping this off our ADR list this year and we are in no hurry to return.

I say nope. Granted I have not been there in a long time, but based on how many people are having negative experiences lately, why play Russian Roulette with a meal, when there are many other places I know I will have a good experience. As soon as a Narcoossee's reservation opened the night I was trying to get 'Ohana for, I grabbed it and know I will have a great meal.

I say nope. Granted I have not been there in a long time, but based on how many people are having negative experiences lately, why play Russian Roulette with a meal, when there are many other places I know I will have a good experience. As soon as a Narcoossee's reservation opened the night I was trying to get 'Ohana for, I grabbed it and know I will have a great meal.

I agree.. There are far superior restaurants in wdw so taking a chance with Ohana because it may or may not be an off night on that particular day is not worth it.

Narcoossee's is fantastic! Great choice! :thumbsup2

In 2012 we enjoyed great service and the food was well prepared. Sadly, when we returned in 2013 we were very disappointed with the food and service. Considering the cost, we won't be returning anytime soon.

I voted "no" not because of the menu, because it will continually change (as do most restaurants). I agree you have to filter that out of the reviews. But 3 trips in a row, over the course of 3 years, we had TERRIBLE service. How many chances can you give a restaurant? Perhaps the layout of the restaurant doesn't have a good flow for servers, perhaps it's the way they bring the skewers around, I don't know... But I can't explain what it is about this place in particular that consistently gets rated poorly for service year after year. Good service reviews here seem to be the exception rather than the rule and it should be the other way around.

Since I am now forced to pay "adult" prices for my children at age 10 who eat very little, there are very few buffets that we will go to anymore. Paying $200 for the four of us to eat dinner, it must be "blow my mind" food and service. After the last two trips we have now taken 'Ohana, Biergarten and Chef Mickey's off of our "to do" list. When I think about the money I spend and what we get for it (even accounting for where we are), it makes me a little nauseous.

It is with great disappointment that I now vote no. In years past this was a family favorite, the proverbial must-do. But the service decline over the last 3 to 4 years is enough to put this one on hold. Servers are responsible for too many tables, servers have lost the fun of the all being "family" experience, and servers there are too obvious in the need to turn the table over.

The irony here is that the CM's of the Polynesian pride themselves on providing an extra step of service beyond the high mark already established at Disney World.

As for the food changes, they come and go. Food prices are trending up, to maintain profitability the responses are simple: 1) reduce food costs; 2) increase prices, 3) both.

Have a great trip!

Voted yes. My wife and I were just there last month for our honeymoon and had a fantastic meal with fantastic service. It must just depend on when people are going. I understand them removing some of the choices since we were served the same amount of food as a table of 6 or more! I don't remember the chicken skewers being there then, but the salad definitely was and we won't miss it. Like I said, they bring out so much other food. Between the beef, shrimp, and pork skewers....chicken wings, noodles, and bread....all which keep coming and coming, there's more than enough before dessert. Our waiter was quick to come around to offer more or bring refills, and it was a packed house that night. I understand not all wait staff is the same and something like that can make or break an experience for some. I feel like we were fortunate enough to be there on a good night and have an experience we won't forget.

Voted yes. My wife and I were just there last month for our honeymoon and had a fantastic meal with fantastic service. It must just depend on when people are going. I understand them removing some of the choices since we were served the same amount of food as a table of 6 or more! I don't remember the chicken skewers being there then, but the salad definitely was and we won't miss it. Like I said, they bring out so much other food. Between the beef, shrimp, and pork skewers....chicken wings, noodles, and bread....all which keep coming and coming, there's more than enough before dessert. Our waiter was quick to come around to offer more or bring refills, and it was a packed house that night. I understand not all wait staff is the same and something like that can make or break an experience for some. I feel like we were fortunate enough to be there on a good night and have an experience we won't forget.

I agree! Some people are never happy no matter what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter