Ohana with shellfish & dairy allergy

Mike77

Earning My Ears
To all,

Has anyone been to Ohana with a special dietarty needs.
Wife and child both allergic to shellfish & dairy.

3 questions

1) How to they handle these requests
2) Is it a problem
3) Since the bread pudding desert is a no no for both mom and child. do you think they sub the dessert for fruit or something else?

Thank you,

We dined at Ohana with my kids who have peanut, tree nut, and shellfish allergies without any problems. My kids, obviously, didn't eat the shrimp and were given plain ice cream as an alternative to the bread pudding. They may have tofutti available for milk allergies. Fruit shouldn't be hard to get, since the kitchen is shared with Kona. When you make ADRs, have the allergies noted. The best thing to do is contact the Special Diets department. The email address is listed under the FAQ section on the disAbilities! board. They'll email you a form to fill out with all your ADRs and allergy info. It's forwarded to the chefs at the restaurants. When you check in, make sure the allergies are noted on your ADR. After you're seated, the chef will come to your table and discuss safe food options. The Disney chefs are super at helping folks with food allergies and dietary restrictions.

You also don't need to worry about cross-contamination at Ohana. The shrimp are cooked separately from the other meats, and they even have special skewers that are used only on the shrimp. They will bring a special dessert to your table for you. Enjoy!!!

My wife is extremely allergic to shellfish (even the smell can cause her to start itching). We ate at Ohana (no one at out table had shrimp, obviously) and she was fine. We also did not sit close to the grill.

If you have any allergies, make sure you note them on your reservation. If they are noted, the Chef will come out and talk to you before you order to explain what (if anything) you need to stay away from. That was my wife's favorite part of the whole trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter