• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

O'hana walk up/stand by latest?

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
What's the latest word on the walk up process at O'hana (what time dinner starts, when to show up for walk up)? We weren't able to get an ADR for Oct and I'm thinking about trying the walk up.

Thanks

Walk up for Ohana

img_1797.jpg

What's the latest word on the walk up process at O'hana (what time dinner starts, when to show up for walk up)? We weren't able to get an ADR for Oct and I'm thinking about trying the walk up.

Thanks

If you get there about 30 minutes early on a week night I would think that you have at least a 50/50 chance of getting seated - When I was on the College Program I had a close friend who worked there and she said they had walk ups in the early evening quite frequently!

Good news - I'm looking for a Thursday night.

Bad news - is a Halloween party night.

I'm looking for an Ohana reservation for our trip in a week, I've got multiple days I can make work and still haven't been able to get an ADR. I am checking like a mad woman cause it was one of things a family member really wanted to do on this trip, so I'm not gonna give up but it may come down to it that we might not get it. I had an ADR for Labor Day and then we had to push our trip back a week so I had to cancel all of our reservations, I got everything else rescheduled without a hassle except Ohana's.

Good luck!

You will definitely get an ADR if you look, both a day and two, before you want to eat there. I have never not gotten an ADR I wanted, as long as I do that. People cancel their ADRs, right before, to avoid the $10/person fee.

when we went in May. My husband told our waitperson..that he would love to come another night ...but we didnt make a reservation..she told us to walk up before the first sitting...like quarter of five and put your name on a list...she said sometimes they will say ..you can have a reservation at a certain time and ..sometimes not..but its worth a try...most of the time they can fit a smaller party in...good luck ..and also keep trying on the adr site

Thanks for all of the comments. This is actually for my bday dinner, so I doubt I'm going to chance the walk-up and risk waiting for an hour and then eating CS. I have something else made for a backup, so I'll just stalk for cancellations the day or two before - as I've cancelled plenty the day before too as things change on a trip. If something opens up, I'll swap it out. If not, I'll just go with plan B. We've been to O'hana a number of times and I'm sure we'll be better planners on a future trip to go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter