Ohana vs Cape May Cafe

ChillyWilleys

<font color=blue>My mother is a finger licking cak
Our last visit to Chef Mickey's we completely finished our breakfast and then sat and waited for what literally seemed like an assembly line of characters to come by pat the girls on their heads, sign books, pose and run off to the next table. This was enough to finally convince DD8 on what we had been telling her for years; Chef Mickey's is not all its cracked up to be (did I lighten the blow with my choice of words? I'm trying to be nice). We always let each member of the family pick one meal and that's always been hers and now she's had enough. We're not big breakfast eaters all together but that is DD8's favorite meal so for our next trip we're trying to decide Cape May Cafe or Ohana's for breakfast. We've had breakfast at CMC before and the food was good and characters were too, much better than Chef Mickey. Never done Ohana for breakfast before though so which do you think would be better? DD's are 8 and 3. They like Lilo and Stich but that wouldn't be a huge selling point, nor a deterent. They want good food and good interaction more than specific characters. TIA!

We have never been to CMC, but we go to Ohana every trip. They have a parade with the characters for the kids and the characters all spend a significant time at each table. Bonus, the food is good too!

Our tradition is to go to Ohana and get back on the monorail and go to Epcot. DH and I have been doing that before we had kids, even before we were married! :lovestruc

O'Hanas is fun because you get to see Lilo and Stitch, plus they have that great juice and "the best bacon in the world!" (According to my kids)

Definitely O'hana! Family style service makes it easier than having to go up to the buffet constantly,and the juice is to die for!

I've had the same issue you had at Chef Mickey's at both Ohana and CMC. I like both. We're doing both actually on our upcoming trip. We probably prefer Cape May, I feel they're more consistent in their service. We also tend to stay at Epcot hotels when possible so it's really convenient.

O'hana hands down! The best character interaction!! The characters came by a few times and Stitch was fantastic. I have pics of him pouring my hubby more coffee, trying to steal my son's waffle, and then trying to drink my daughters juice.

of course, I am partial to :stitch2: Stitch...

546373_4436657157197_2039057920_n.jpg

I think everyones experience will be different at any restaurant depending on the day and time you are there, it can even depend on where you sit. With that said we had a horrible time at Ohanas. The food was boring and the characters took over an hour and half to come around. It was by far the worst character breakfast we have ever been to. (i think we have hit them all but the castle) Cape May was nice. It was quiet and they actually seemed to have some variety to the food they offered. Minnie actually sat down with our kid and played with him for about 5 minutes. Same with Goofy.

Go to the one that has the characters you want to see and where the menu looks good to you!

Definitely O'hana! Family style service makes it easier than having to go up to the buffet constantly,and the juice is to die for![/QUOTE]

The family style service really appeals to us and this is why we want to try the Ohana breakfast on our next trip. We did the breakfasts at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace on our last trip and having to go back and forth to the buffet line to make plates for four kids while feeling rushed because of not wanting to miss the characters coming to the table didn't give us the opportunity to really enjoy the atmosphere or food as much as we wanted.

We have done both but our favorite resort is Beach Club, and we adore Minnie Mouse, and her old-fashioned beach wear! I love the open light feeling of Cape May Cafe. And the pictures are always lovely, as silly as that sounds.

Cape May Cafe is just lovely. Can't go wrong there.

But I have to say that 'Ohana was off the charts for us. (I'm so sorry to the diser who had a bad experience there! that sucks! :( ) It was so nice and mellow compared to the crazy buffets (we get a hoot out of those too, don't get me wrong!), it was quieter, the food we found to be wonderful (best. breakfast. potatos. ever. In the history of the world. Seriously.). No uber fancy, just a really lovely family style meal (we have 3 celiac's, so I'm continually blown away by the service and g/f offerings for my family-this was no exception). Our character interactions were awesome. Lilo and Stitch really stuck around for us, particularly with DS3 who was only 1yo and took a while to warm up. We were very impressed and can't wait to go back.

Also, if not already on your list, Donald's Safari Breakfast at the Tusker House in AK is great. Chaos to the Nth degree, of course, but it's another way to see the main characters (in different outfits LOL), and the buffet is just huge with several unique offerings geared towards adults who are "over" Mickey waffles. LOL We love going before the park opens then hopping right on the Safari with no wait.

done Ohana twice, and both times were terrific! Enjoyed the food and the characters.

Cape May Cafe was a first for us this past trip. While it was cool to see Goofy, Minnie and Donald in their beachwear, we didn't have the greatest experience. We found the food to be okay, but would rate it last behind Ohana, Tusker House, and Hollywood and Vine breakfasts that we did on this very same trip. Character interaction was also the least impressive. Only 3 characters, the least of any meal we've ever been to, and they did not spend as much time with us as we got at other meals. Lastly, they did nothing special like the other restaurants. (parade, song, games, etc.)

I am willing to consider that this might have been an off day, and that perhaps our table position might not have been ideal. Our server was not as magical either, but that might also be an aberration.

Not saying CMC was horrible, but compared to the other character breakfast experiences we've had in the past and on the same trip as this one, it ranks last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter