Ohana - slightly disappointed

Hitchhiking Ghost

Mouseketeer
Just got back from our trip. When we were discussing dining plans, for Candlelight Processional and a few other days, the DW definitely wanted me to make an Ohana reservation. We had eaten there a few times previously when we were on free dining. We had a great table selection, over looking the Poly Pool and the Seven Seas Lagoon, had a great server and service, but.... They are no longer doing table side as wanted delivery. They now bring out everything in a family style skillet, which ended up wasting a lot of food. Kids wanted to just try one or two shrimp, whole plate comes out and only two get eaten. The steak was brought out and was definitely medium well to well done. I did ask our server if we could get it medium, which they could do when the did the tableside skewers, and she did, and it was better. They did have a strolling uekele player, but no games for the kids. And the sticker shock, which was my bad, I was thinking it was $45, but didn't realize that was the breakfast, dinner I think was $59 I think or maybe $69. Regardless, for our family of four, spending that much on an all you can eat is kind of a waste. The dumplings and noodles, bread and dessert were all really good, but I thought the protein was just ok. Still love Ohana, but will probably be a "pass" on our next visit.

Yea, we've come away with a similar feel for the place. Used to be an absolute 'must-do' for us, but the changes have made it less appealing for us over the past few years (even pre-pandemic). Still a fun place and a beautiful restaurant, but we no longer rush back there each year with the current format and food.

Never been to Ohana and had an ADR for last week that we dropped. I just couldn’t wrap myself around paying that much for average food selection. I don’t mind paying up for food, but only if it’s good quality. Dumplings and noodles for almost $60 doesn’t cut it. We opted for the much better Boma and Steakhouse 71 twice. Came away from those places much more happier.

Ohana is such a disappointment now. I know a lot of people still love it, so I’m obviously an outlier here, but I can’t stomach the price for what you get anymore. I can count the number of restaurants on property that are worth going to on one hand these days.

Ohana has been mediocre for years. The price Disney is charging is outrageous for what you're actually getting. It's such a shame because it's in a great location but there are way better places to eat on property than Ohana. Unfortunately Disney has no incentive to improve it since the restaurant is constantly booked full.

WE used to love Ohanas when our kids were young. Hasn't been on our must do list for years. Which is sad as it used to be so good.

The dumplings and noodles, bread and dessert were all really good, but I thought the protein was just ok. Still love Ohana, but will probably be a "pass" on our next visit.
In our opinion the protein (skewers) have never been the high point of 'Ohana. Often overcooked and dry. We fill up on the rest.

Just got back from our trip. When we were discussing dining plans, for Candlelight Processional and a few other days, the DW definitely wanted me to make an Ohana reservation. We had eaten there a few times previously when we were on free dining. We had a great table selection, over looking the Poly Pool and the Seven Seas Lagoon, had a great server and service, but.... They are no longer doing table side as wanted delivery. They now bring out everything in a family style skillet, which ended up wasting a lot of food. Kids wanted to just try one or two shrimp, whole plate comes out and only two get eaten. The steak was brought out and was definitely medium well to well done. I did ask our server if we could get it medium, which they could do when the did the tableside skewers, and she did, and it was better. They did have a strolling uekele player, but no games for the kids. And the sticker shock, which was my bad, I was thinking it was $45, but didn't realize that was the breakfast, dinner I think was $59 I think or maybe $69. Regardless, for our family of four, spending that much on an all you can eat is kind of a waste. The dumplings and noodles, bread and dessert were all really good, but I thought the protein was just ok. Still love Ohana, but will probably be a "pass" on our next visit.
I’ve always felt that way about the protein, but I agree; the experience has been diminished and cost has gone up. Sorry you had a mediocre dinner :(

Sebastian’s Bistro is the place to go if you want a similar dinning experience but with actually good food at a bargain price for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter