• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana- Should we give up hope?

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
We just booked a stay for Dec. 20-27th a few days ago and would love to land a dinner ADR for Ohana. We have been trying to find a spot at least once a day and have had no luck. Should we give up, or is there a real chance that more spots will open? If there a better way to try to accomplish this?

Thanks so much for any help!

Keep trying and check multiple times a day.. That is how we landed most of the ADR's we really wanted for our november trip. Also check the Dining Reservations sub-forum on here in the December Cancellations thread.. Everyday people post what they are cancelling and will coordinate to let it go at the same time so someone here can grab it. People cancel adr's everyday so it is good to check there. It has helped so many people! Good luck! :)

Definitely keep trying! People cancel all the time. Even try when your're down there because people need to cancel 24 hrs ahead for this restaurant and they may cancel at the last opportunity (although I hope you get it way before then!!) ;)

I wouldn't give up hope. I do a lot of last minute trips. I'm currently trying to get a better time for Chef Mickey's this upcoming Friday, and I've seen at least 3 open times at Ohana, along with California Grill, Chef Mickey's (just earlier than what we currently have!), and even a Cinderella's Royal Table. People change their plans all the time, especially as the date draws closer.

People tend to cancel a lot a week before and the week of. Check right before or the day before:thumbsup2

Don't give up!

I got dinner ADRs for our trip for both Ohana (10/1) and Be Our Guest (9/27) at the end of July. I just kept trying and clicking on each half hour increment.

IN about 45 days, I was able to score EVERY ADR we couldve ever wanted (and at great times!). I checked MULTIPLE times a day....all day every day. It took a LOT of work but trust me, it CAN be done! Good luck!!

I just booked an Ohana for our trip October 9. Don't give up!!! Like others have said, the key is to look several times a day. When we were there last October we ate at Ohana our first day, and then wanted to eat there again. I kept checking on the app and were able to get a 5pm ADR only a few days before the day.

Good info! I have been looking for Ohana for our trip in November and had kind of lost hope. I will definitely keep looking.

Not to sound negative but under normal circumstances is say you'd eventually find something but given the week you're going it might be tough. You may be able to snag something later in the evening down the road but I'd expect the worst. Good luck.

I'd make a reservation elsewhere, and keep checking for 'Ohana availability. Often, you'll find reservations for hot restaurants open up the week before, and the week of, if not the day before.

You'll have heavy competition, since you're going Christmas week.

Tons of checking! There's a thread in the reservations thread about "How many times do you check" that might be a bit inspiring. The people who check like crazy tend to have had some great successes at BOG, CRT and 'Ohana.

I agree with tons of checking. I got an ADR for Ohana one afternoon about a month before our trip, and I had been checking 3 or 4 times/day, had even checked that morning several times. I was so used to seeing 'no availability' that when a time actually opened up I could hardly believe it! Good luck!

The other week I was surprised when lots of ADRs I had been trying to get were suddenly plentiful! Then I noticed that it was because when I refreshed the page the calendar went back to the current week, not the week I was going. So based on that, I'm going to say that a lot of people cancel the week of! Keep checking right up until the last minute! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter