Ohana safe for nut allergy kid?

tiggerstail

Earning My Ears
my 5 year old is really allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, I read some of the desserts have nuts, anyone have any experience with this?:confused3

my 5 year old is really allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, I read some of the desserts have nuts, anyone have any experience with this?:confused3

The chef will make your child a nut free meal if it is specified in your reservation but I would seriously be concerned with X-contamination. I know there used to be an awesome chef there.. Chef TJ he was the best and super allergy friendly, talented, careful, safe and made AWESOMEness. He isn't there now, so I cannot say how they are currently are.

However, one big concern for me would be if your child's nut allergy is severe enough that airborne peanuts cause a reaction. Every table will have a peanut dipping sauce on it!!!! That would scare me with a "really allergic" child (I HAVE ONE).

My niece is very allergic to nuts and she has been to Ohana twice (last year and this year). My SIL said they were great with attending to her allergy. Just make sure it is stated on your reservation and you again mention it to the CM when you arrive and are seated.

I know nut allergies are very serious and care will be taken to make sure everything is safe for your daughter, but it comes down to your sense of confidence. If you will be worrying about her alleriges throughout the meal then it won't be enjoyable and not worth going.

There is a peanut sauce that is served at every table. If you do go, make sure you tell your server not to bring it. Also, if you have a child with a contact allergy, bring something to wipe down the table and chairs with. On top of that, I would suggest you do not allow the child to participate in some of the activities because their could be cross contamination issues from other kids who HAVE used the peanut sauce.

Too be honest, personally, this is not a place I would go with a peanut allergy. It would be beyond my comfort zone... but that is me personally.

My nephew has been there but he is fine if he doesn't ingest nuts. We got the peanut sauce but he did not eat it. Your comfort level there is going to be determined by the severity of the child's allergy.

THANK YOU ALL!!:love: I don't think it is worth the worry either. I really appreciate your honesty:flower3:

My DD5 is a 4 plus on the peanut allergy scale, with a 3 in eggs and dairy. We LOVE 'Ohana. We had our reservation note it, plus we reminded them at check in. When we were seated they didn't even bring the bread until our chef came to speak with us. We said no to the peanut sauce, but everything else is fine. We are thrilled to be going there again in September.

I not only have a nut allergy, but I have a deadly nut allergy...so sensitive that my body would shut down within minutes if I came in contact with one. I must say, though, Disney has some of the kindest, most careful chefs I have ever met. Going out to eat can be hard for me (and my family) because alot of people disregard my allergy as if I am annoying them. It can be upsetting and embarrassing. However, I can say that in Disney they truly go out of their way to make sure you feel safe. You must put your allergy on your ressies, or call Disney's diet line two weeks before your trip, but once they know, you should be in for a real treat. I am most allergic to pine nuts, and never eat anyplace that even carries them. My favorite restaurant in Disney is Le Cellier, though. In previous years they were nut-free. However last year, they added a potato gnocchi with a pesto (containing pine nuts) broth. I wanted to leave, but the executive chef there assured me he would make sure I would be fine. He made my steak on all new pans in a separate part of the kitchen and hand delivered it to me. He even checked on me to see if I needed anything. This is one of many good experiences I have had in Disney. The only place I have to say negative things about is Boma. The chef did not tell me all of the things that had nuts, refused to make me something separate, then got nasty with my mom when she asked if he could tell us if they used pine nuts. We would not go back there. However, I have only had good experiences with Ohana, and the food is delicious :) GOOD LUCK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter