• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ohana s

We have had dinner there 3 times.

1st time in 2010 the food and service was perfect. I hate bread pudding except from O'hana's.

Our 2nd time last Sept. the service was a little lacking. Did not bring enough "chunks of meat" or refill our drink in a timely manner. The food was still good. We also had to listen to two mothers argue about one daughter making the other daughter cry, and it was a mistake going on a trip together. One of the moms said they were going to switch hotels and told her husband to get his *** up that they were leaving. I don't think they had the Disney magic. We still enjoyed our meal.

This past March we stayed at the Raddison next to Down Town Disney for our trip to Lego Land. We ate at O'hana's and it was great. Our waitress took great care of us. We had a 8 o'clock ADR so we got to watch the fireworks while we ate which was nice.

Our next trip, we are having dinner there twice. I guess you could say it is one of our favorites.

'Ohana continues to be the most over-hyped place to dine at WDW. IMHO, it is not worth the time or $$$.

'Ohana continues to be the most over-hyped place to dine at WDW. IMHO, it is not worth the time or $$$.

Actually I would have to give that award to Le'Cellier. However with them becoming a signature restaurant for lunch in 2013 as well as dinner, I have a feeling LC is going to be an afterthought for many. ;)

Perhaps the reason why Ohana has so many people who dislike it is because it's a numbers game. It is perhaps WDW's most popular restaurant. With that popularity it has more people who like it than perhaps any other restaurant and it also has more people who dislike it more than any other restaurant.

I haven't been to 'Ohana....yet, but I would echo the other sentiments about the Kona Cafe. After parasailing behind the Contemporary, we headed to the Poly for lunch at Kona. The food was delicious and the server was lovely. It was a very pleasant experience. :)

I have tried three trips now, and no luck...not meant to eat there? :confused3

My take would be that your guardian angel is watching over you:goodvibes

Just think meat cooked to jerky like status and inattentive servers--that sums up my 3 experiences at Ohana.

Oh, throw in a singer with a shrill voice for "entertainment". I look at it as an incentive to eat quickly and leave!

To each his own. Opinion, that is. We've never been disappointed in the food or the service. We take it for what it is: a family style, all you care to eat high volume restaurant in a very busy resort. I don't think the food is fantastic, but then I don't expect it to be. But I've never been served bad food either. One time I was served some meat that was too over cooked. I set it aside and asked for more. Second time around it was perfect. Problem solved.

I thought the food was delicious, but there was SO MUCH of it, I found it difficult to enjoy it. Even if you only took one bite of everything, you would be totally stuffed. That being said, the bread pudding was TO DIE FOR. Our main complaint were the games. My kids found them annoying and loud and the adults HATED it. It would be hard to get my family back there! Glad we tried it though.

My take would be that your guardian angel is watching over you:goodvibes

Just think meat cooked to jerky like status and inattentive servers--that sums up my 3 experiences at Ohana.

Oh, throw in a singer with a shrill voice for "entertainment". I look at it as an incentive to eat quickly and leave!

The shrill would annoy me quickly...

I ate at Ohana for the first time last May and I was really impressed. I've got it booked for my upcoming trip in November and If I didn't have all my ADR's filled up by now I would have booked it for a second night. It's that good. Maybe my opinion will change once I've dined there a few more times but for now I'm looking forward to Ohana the most. Especially my lapu lapu.

One thing I will add is that the service can be a bit slow at times and I think we were there over 2 hours so it's a slow process. If you have other plans make sure you book early. I actually thought I would miss the fireworks but it took so long for us to get served that we stayed well past 10pm.

I've also learned to go easy on the carbs that they purposely load you up with before they start bringing you the skewers of meat. Definitely go to Ohana hungry!

We vacation at the world every fall and always do a breakfast and dinner at O'Hanas every trip .. Had bad service for dinner one year but the food has always been great.

weve been twice and i wsnt overly struck by it either time. once was dinner and i had a lapu lapu? drink and i think that did me in! lol i was so sick from it by the time we got back to wl i wanted to throw everything i ate up.

we did breaky over our xmas/new yrs trip just gone and i didnt eat much as i got the tummy flu from dd a few days before. the kids picked at breaky as did i. i think the worst part was they were running behind and as we were seated 45 mins late we were told the characters were not coming around now :worried: they did but everytime one came up to our table we had rude ppl who had already had their meal and time with them interrupt to say goodbye. we werent exactly close to the exit so i dont know what was going on. one woman literally tapped lilo on the shoulder as she was getting ready to pose with my kids. i was gobsmacked! lol however the kids had fun once they saw stitch steal a grape and bing poor pluto in the head with it. :rotfl2:

O'hana used to be my favorite place to dine at Disney. I ate there on my last trip in March 2011 and I felt rushed. Also, the food was not as good as previous trips and they did away with the chips and sauces that I loved. This time I am giving Kona a try.

IMO everyone has different opinions on ALL Disney. We are NOT big fans of AKL but there are 100s on here that love it. I guess everyone should at least try things once and decide for themselves.
We have NEVER had a bad experience at Ohana. Have it booked again for September. :banana:

Very true. I also didn't like AKL but back to O'hana. Every time we went with the kids I decided against it because they were never big meat eaters, especially DD. She is now a CM and went with friends and insisted I go on my next visit. I really liked it but unlike most of the posters here, the steak was undercooked for me. It would have been perfect for DH. The salad was my favorite part, so much so that I got the recipe for the dressing online when I got home. I did try the steak and loved the marinade. Found the recipe for it too. I have booked it for our first night in Nov so DH can try it. We do Kona every trip and I try to order different things each time. It it usually good but I think I'm just tired of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter