• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana.... running late?

2girls4ever

Earning My Ears
how far behind does Ohana usually run?

i have a 6:30 adr at the end of august ......wondering what time we may be seated

You might be seated on time, you might be seated an hour late. There really isn't a "usual" - but I would count on the wait being 30 minutes or so.

how far behind does Ohana usually run?

i have a 6:30 adr at the end of august ......wondering what time we may be seated
Depends how early you arrive is what we've found, if you arrive earlier than your ADR you typically get seated closer to your ADR time, if you arrive later you get seated later.

Hard to predict. I've had to wait a half hour beyond ADR time and last time we were there 20 minutes early and walked right in.

We arrived an hour late for our last reservation at 'ohana. (It had been a rainy day, and we spent the afternoon relaxing in the room. We were going by the time on our Ipads that had not adjusted for the Eastern time zone change like our phones had! woops!) I was very certain that we'd lose our reservation, be charged the no-show fee, and it was just devastating because I had tried for three trips to get ressies at 'ohana and now it had come to this. Anyway, the point of my story is that our reservation was for a normal dinner time 6:30, and we arrived at 7:30. Upon arrival, I noticed on the ressie list that they had sat everyone else with reservations prior to 700, but they had not cancelled our seat thank goodness! (So to answer your question...) on that night, everyone appeared to be seated around their reservation time (within a half hour). And my other point is don't fret if you're a few minutes late. I wouldn't at all recommend waiting an hour, though. That was not a magical moment for us. Don't worry---a backscratcher and lapu lapu followed by Wishes! helped restore the magic. Since you are going at 6:30, I'd plan on viewing Wishes! from the beach at the Poly. It's really cool watching it there. And this way, if you happen to still be in the restaurant during Wishes!, you can view it from there. They even play the music. aloha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter