Ohana recent negative news

Penumbra

Innoventions Addict
I am curious if anyone has been to Ohana during the past (Thanksgiving) week? I've read several negative reviews on another site lately, have you found that Ohana is dropping in their service / quality recently, or no?

I am curious if anyone has been to Ohana during the past (Thanksgiving) week? I've read several negative reviews on another site lately, have you found that Ohana is dropping in their service / quality recently, or no?

'Ohana has been dropping in service for awhile. We've been several times, years apart, and it's the same thing. We've eaten pretty much everywhere, so we have lots to compare to, and we find 'Ohana is in a league of their own in terms of subpar food, horrible service, overcrowded, disorganized and a general negative tone, IMHO.

I see so many people who like, and so many who do not - this restaurant, perhaps more than any other, has huge gaps, and this does show that there are problems with it. It is consistently inconsistent...

Tiger

We ate there Dec 2005 and had a horrible experience. The waiter was rude, the food was terrible, the skewers came around to our table 1 time. We vowed never to go back but we will be eating there next week for my dad's birthday. I really hope it's a different experience, sounds like it may not be.

We just ate there on Tuesday for the first time. We thought it was excellent. It was actually my husband's favorite meal of the trip. The food was great, we did not feel rushed, and they brought plenty of everything.

The first time we ate at 'Ohana (five years ago) it was pretty good. On our last trip though, we found that the meats tasted like they'd been injected with a lot of liquid smoke ... disgusting. We had to wait a long time before getting seated, the place was overly loud and hectic, and we only saw our server at the beginning and end of our meal. Not a good experience!

We ate there for breakfast in 2008 and the 1st week of Nov 2009 ad both times it was great! Food and characters.

We love 'Ohana and have eaten there every trip for the last four years. Only once was the service a bit slow but even then it was no big deal as it gave us time to rest up between courses, working up an appetite for two servings of the fantastic dessert.

IMHO, reading reviews from other people is next to useless. Everyone has different opinions and the only persons' that really matters is your own. If you are curious about a place, give it a try and form your own opinion.

There are a few places that we avoided trying over the years because of negative reviews and when we tried them ourselves we loved them.

We love 'Ohana and have eaten there every trip for the last four years. Only once was the service a bit slow but even then it was no big deal as it gave us time to rest up between courses, working up an appetite for two servings of the fantastic dessert.

IMHO, reading reviews from other people is next to useless. Everyone has different opinions and the only persons' that really matters is your own. If you are curious about a place, give it a try and form your own opinion.

There are a few places that we avoided trying over the years because of negative reviews and when we tried them ourselves we loved them.

I couldn't agree with this more. Everyone tastes are different. It's so much better to just try it for yourself. You never know when you are going to find a great restaurant that your whole family will love.

We just ate there on Tuesday for the first time. We thought it was excellent. It was actually my husband's favorite meal of the trip. The food was great, we did not feel rushed, and they brought plenty of everything.

We ate at Ohana in August and loved it. Our experience was exactly the same as stated by Jennyfer. I still complain to my DW that it took us four trips to WDW before we finally got an ADR at Ohana.

We ate there for breakfast in 2008 and the 1st week of Nov 2009 ad both times it was great! Food and characters.

I think they do a better job with breakfast than they do with dinner. The characters are especially great.

I LOVE 'Ohana.:goodvibes

It is my favourite restaurant at WDW!

Just goes to show different preferences for different people.

We ate there in September and loved it! The server was right on top of things! We went with our friends who were first time Disney travelers and they too loved it too.

The only thing was there wasn't as much entertainment as in past visits there, but still a great meal!!

Couldn't you make the same statement about almost every restaurant at WDW?!

BTW - OHana's is our favorite restaurant at WDW and is a must do every trip. We have never had a bad experience there.

We ate at Ohana twice last summer. We absolutely hated breakfast (1 of the characters never even came to our table even after we pointed it out to our server).

On the flipside, we felt that dinner was one of the best ever! Great food and great service.

My friend is at WDW with her family right now and she said their 'Ohana dinner was "dreadful". She said their food was cold.

This is from a family who goes to WDW more than once per year, so if she says a meal was bad I tend to trust her. She actually said their dining experiences over the past week have ranged mostly from mediocre to bad.

Ate there on Friday night and we had a great time.................the only bad thing was they served us too quickly.............other than that really enjoyed our time and the view!

This is from a family who goes to WDW more than once per year, so if she says a meal was bad I tend to trust her. She actually said their dining experiences over the past week have ranged mostly from mediocre to bad.

:sad1: That's disappointing! I hope they get better for her.

We may be going to an Ohana breakfast. I just got the ADR the other day and haven't decided whether or not we're going to keep it. If we keep it, I sure hope we have better luck.

ME, DW, sister, brother and sister-in-laws just ate there about 2 week ago and had a really great time. If you don't like one kid of meat there are many others to choose from. CMs just kept bringing as much as you wanted. Afterwords we went to the pool bar got a drink and watched the fireworks over the castle and the light parade in the lake. Great time.

This is by far my family's favorite place to eat. Two years ago when we first went, I almost cancelled this because I thought no one would like it. Boy, was I wrong. We usually go two times during our weekly stay.

I thought it was fine. I would not eat the beef again - if I can't cut it I can't chew it - but there was plenty to eat other than beef. It's not excellent, but it's decent food and lots of it, if you like that sort of food. I could go there again and eat nothing but wings and pork dumplings and bread pudding (okay, a few shrimp too). Service was kind of "off," two servers served our table, didn't catch their names but we nicknamed them Surly and Frantic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter