Ohana or Tusker house

djc1319

Earning My Ears
Debating between Ohana and Tusker house for the character breakfast. We like the characters at both so that's not a factor. Leaning towards Tusker House and maybe Ohana for dinner? Would love to get some opinions!!

I have yet to experience Ohana, but I really liked the Tusker house breakfast for what it is worth. It seemed very laid back when we went in April and the character interactions & food were great.

I absolutely love Ohana for breakfast, it is probably our favorite character meal. The food is great, the atmosphere lovely and the character interactions with Lilo and Stitch are fantastic. I highly recommend.

Tusker House for sure, we did both last trip. Ohana breakfast is very normal...there is nothing special about the food that differentiates itself from other restaurants. Sausage, bacon, seasoned potatoes, scrambled eggs, Mickey Waffles...you do get some sweet breads that are possibly unique. At Tusker House they have all kinds of interesting food that I haven't found at other breakfast places at WDW. At TH, you can get normal food for picky eaters and then get some more adventurous stuff with African flair for those who want that. I was surprised when we did Ohana for the first time this year and found that there wasn't anything unique about the food...it was good, but there is nothing there that you couldn't get off of the buffet at CP, TH, and most of it is available at Akershus. My kids love the juice that they serve, but it is actually the same at both restaurants according to our Ohana server.

My family loves doing the large breakfasts before park opening, another possible advantage of doing TH is getting into AK early. We went to Ohana on a non-park day, so that is an advantage to eating there.

Enjoy!

Tusker House for breakfast...then Ohana for dinner! Tusker has a great breakfast spread...even my picky husband and kids loved it! And Ohana dinner is yum!

If characters are not a deciding factor, then the food options at Tusker House far outweigh those at 'Ohana. Doesn't mean 'Ohana is bad, but TH depth and breadth is pretty awesome. As already said, there is plenty for picky and adventurous alike. 'Ohana dinner is a much more unique experience...no characters, but definitely like nothing else at WDW.

Honestly, Ohana breakfast is just ho hum. Its all standard options and not really even done all that well. Tusker House is my fave character meal on property. So many more options available. I do enjoy Ohana for dinner.

Tusker House for breakfast is super yummy! Especially if you can get a pre-park opening ADR. And we LOVE Ohana dinner! I would love to do 'Ohana for breakfast one day, but it seems pretty standard and we like to rope drop, so it's not really easy to get to a park from there.

Ok, I'm going to be in the minority here about Tusker House. I had an ADR this past June for breakfast and was so looking forward to it. In short, I was very disappointed. Our server was terrible. It was almost impossible to get her to come back around and refill our beverages. For the life of me I truly fail to understand what is so difficult about replenishing drinks when you don't have to take orders, serve the food, or really do anything else. I'm not trying to sound entitled, but when I pay that kind of money it's not unreasonable to expect your server to come around at least once and offer to refill your soda. In addition, they really didn't do a very good job keeping up with the buffet table for our pre park opening ADR. As for the food; it was not what I would call great, but it was OK for buffet food. On the positive, the character interaction was pretty good. Perhaps it was an off day, but I won't be going back anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter