Ohana or Narcoosee for two first timers??

BLTLDZ

Loving our DVC :)
DH & I just found out that his brother and wife, along with a friend of theirs, will be joining us at the world for two days :banana:

Of course, I want them to have a great experience....as of right now, I have an 8:20 reservation for Ohana, (fireworks are at 9:30).....But now I am thinking that maybe Narcoosee would be cool??? Main choice being fireworks viewing......DH & I have been to both, and we will have my dad with us as well...

I think if it will be all of you without kids, I would skip 'Ohana. It's too loud, the wait can be too long, the food is not that good and the service is either ok or downright awful. Narcoossee's is slightly better in all those instances.

If Wishes viewing is what your after, any chance at scoring a CG ADR for your party? What about having a late night ADR and heading to either Citricos or AP or something after watching Wishes from like the Poly beach (or heading to the Poly beach after a Citricos or AP ADR)?

I think if it will be all of you without kids, I would skip 'Ohana. It's too loud, the wait can be too long, the food is not that good and the service is either ok or downright awful. Narcoossee's is slightly better in all those instances.

If Wishes viewing is what your after, any chance at scoring a CG ADR for your party? What about having a late night ADR and heading to either Citricos or AP or something after watching Wishes from like the Poly beach (or heading to the Poly beach after a Citricos or AP ADR)?

Hmm...not a bad idea..the thing is, we are taking my dadto CG on the FIRST night :rotfl2:

My other thought is to let fate decide...keep ohana until a few days before, and then go online and see if CG is available or narcoosee...I just checked, as of right now, I could get a 9:35 at Cali, or a 9:00 at Narcoosee...but once I cancel ohana, that's it...So confused..:laughing:

we say ohana :)

we just don't love narcoossee's. we're hoping it's better in november. that's awesome that they can join you!!

Ohana! One of our faves and a must do every trip. It just feels so much more "Disney" than narcoossee's. Last time we went our food was great, although i know Ohana has been getting lots of mixed reviews on this board lately....

I haven't been to Ohana, and my last time at Narcoossee's was 2009, but I would go with Narcoossee's in a heartbeat (we'll actually be eating there our first night this trip). The fireworks viewing is superb, and the CMs will make sure that (if you're between courses) your food doesn't come out until after you finish watching the fireworks.

As for CG, I've heard too many thngs about it going downhill to bother trying it.

I would definitely go with Narcoosees. You can count my family among those who were totally unimpressed with Ohana and won't be going back. Loud, bad service, not good food and a long wait. Narcoosees had good food, excellent service, and a great view of the fireworks from our table. Not all tables have that great view but we did see diners getting up and going outside on the deck to watch. The music is piped in.

And Narcoosees is one of the few places at Disney that makes a decent cup of tea!

Never tried Ohana but I can say we weren't impress with the fodd at Narcosses in May nor last month. If you are going for lobster, might not be the best IMO. Both times our lobster and surf and turf lobster tail was tough and rubbery. Last month, we were 5 adults ordering the surf and turf and 1 ordered the food lobster and only 1 lobster tail was good. Yes we tried each others plate as we were all sibblings and mother and only my sister's was good. It's a shame if you aske me because the restaurant is nice. The filet however was really nice both times and cooked perfectly for everyone.

Ohana can be great, or it can be bad. Our last meal at Narcoossee's had good food but terrible service. Our last meal at California Grill had lots of unimpressive food. Honestly, I would say none of the above. :lmao: If I had to pick one, I'd say Ohana - if you're there on a good night, the food will be tasty and the atmosphere will be fun. Plus, it's a Disney classic, IMO.

And Narcoosees is one of the few places at Disney that makes a decent cup of tea!
All the signature restaurants (except Flying Fish) have an impressive tea collection, served loose-leaf and sometimes in a press pot. In fact, if you look at their tea menus, you'll see a lot of overlap. I've had tea at all of the signatures, and to me, the standout restaurants for tea are Artist Point (for their wild mountain berry or mango oolong) and Sanaa (which has a lovely collection of rooibos).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter