Ohana or Chef Mickey's?

InLoveWithTheBeast

Earning My Ears
So I'm going on a quick trip for my birthday :cool1:, and I'm having trouble deciding between these two. I've been to Chef Mickey's before, and I think I might enjoy interacting with the characters, but I've always wanted to go to Ohana since it really intrigues me. No small children involved, just myself and my father, who told me to pick where ever I want to go. If you were going to choose between these two which would it be. Your reasoning would be really helpful too. Thanks.

I would do O'Hana. Not because I think one is better than the other, but as you said, you have done Chef Mickey's and always wanted to do O'Hana - try something new and celebrate!

ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY! :cheer2:

Definitely 'Ohana. Reason: Bread Pudding A La Mode With Bananas Foster Sauce :love:

The food was great (if you enjoy that type of food), and there was TONS of it....Nice atmosphere...

We stayed at the Poly last year in April, and are going back this time to the Wilderness Lodge. My husband has already asked if I could book 'Ohana again this time around.

We really enjoy them both, however, as you state you have already been to Chef Mickey's, I'd go with O'hana. You'll get a TON of food, a fun atmosphere, and well, it's at the Poly, so that makes in enjoyable no matter what!

I'd do OHana breakfast since you've already done CM's. I love both. OHana also has great characters and the food is super! They serve the best Hawaiian bread and juice! Have a great time!

Are you wanting to do Chef Mickeys or Ohana for breakfast or dinner? Well either way I vote Ohana....Ohana breakfast is great, and the characters were not at rushed as they were at Chef Mickeys. Ohana dinner is awesome!!! We love it so much we have booked it twice for our next trip!

We loved our Ohana breakfast so much. We loved our Chef Mickey's dinner so much but if we had to choose, Ohana would get our vote!

Are you wanting to do Chef Mickeys or Ohana for breakfast or dinner? Well either way I vote Ohana....Ohana breakfast is great, and the characters were not at rushed as they were at Chef Mickeys. Ohana dinner is awesome!!! We love it so much we have booked it twice for our next trip!

I was thinking dinner at both places, but I did manage to snag a breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey's on my birthday, now to decide whether 3 sit down meals in one day plus being active from 7 AM to midnight is desirable or overkill; I'm thinking desirable, but I'll have to think some more about it.

O'Hana's for breakfast - great food, characters and lots of fun! :thumbsup2

O'Hana's for dinner... if you're not big meat eaters don't bother. (and even then, the steak kabobs were tough and flavorless) The noodles were the best part of the meal. We sat on the wall side of the kitchen so no view, no entertainment, all we had around us were the other guests who were equally disappointed with their seats and service. We won't be going back. :sad2: We will Try Kona next dinner meal we want to have in that area.

Chef Mickey's - great no matter when! :thumbsup2 We've been at least 6 times and never been disappointed.

For a bit of fun, why don't you try the Dinner show?

Both restaurants are good choices. But as others have mentioned, I would take Ohana. It's a pretty resort and the food is good. As for 3 sit down meals, think of it as a time to rest and enjoy your day with your dad. Have a very happy birthday.:wizard:

I have been to both locations for dinner and I would go with Chef Mickey's because I like their menu just a bit more and I think it's got a great atmosphere. However no matter which one you pick I am sure you will have a great time.

I would definatly choose "Ohanas" for either breakfast or Dinner.
the food is wonderful and the atmosphere is to.
Or if it is just you and your Dad you might want to try KONA
at the Poly or The Wave at Contemparary.

CM was the worst food I ever tried to eat--to top it off
we were on Free Dining and still didn't think it was even worth that much.
So glad I didn't have to pay for it or I would have really been mad.
I didn't like the atmosphere either. We had eaten there for dinner and
it was just gross.

Have a fun trip!!

I would choose Ohana. We took my aunt there one time for her birthday, and she thought it was the best meal of the whole trip. It's great because it's a laid-back family restaurant where everyone can feel like family. It is a nice restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter