Ohana or Chef Mickey Breakfast?

Mommydar

Perpetual Planner of trips to The World
Booked my ADRs today, and still couldn't decide between which of the two is a better bet. Reserved both, but will cancel one. Went to the Chef Mickey dinner in March, and thought the food was okay, but the experience was fun. Which of these two is better for breakfast and which has better character interaction? We have a 6, 4, and 3 y/o - all DDs.

We loved O'Hana for breakfast. Food was good, character interaction was good too. We did not care for Chef Mickey's at all. It is one of the only places that we said we did not want to go back to. It was loud and we didn't feel that the food was that great.

O'hana, not even close. My kids aren't into Lilo and Stich but the atmosphere can't be beat. Minnie and Mickey make appearances, along with Pluto and others. Fun, Fun, Fun. And we love the food!:thumbsup2

This decision really depends on how picky your kids are about food I think. We did both on our last trip and loved both for very different reasons. Both of the character interaction is fun, Chef Mickey's in the morning is kinda loud if you don't mind that, but it's a great place for kids to be kids and act a little nuts. I personally loved Ohana's because it was really nice, it was quiet and relaxed when we went later in the morning and the food was really great. The characters come to the tables at Ohana's and the kids can dance and do a congo line with Lilo during breakfast. Chef Mickeys is great because of the character interaction and the party atmosphere, they come to the table but kids were also singing and dancing to the music with the characters. Foodwise, as long as your kids like eggs, sausage/bacon, mickey waffles, island style breakfast rolls and potatoes, they will be set at Ohana's. They bring it out on one big serving platter and it is eat as you wish. The selection at Chef Mickey's is really what would draw me in if I had kids, especially if you have a picky eater on your hands. They have anything and everything you can think of and some things that I've never even seen before at a breakfast buffet. We are talking all kinds of cereals, oatmeal, breads and pastries, fruits, yogerts and jello, eggs, omelets, breakfast "pizza", breakfast meats, potatos, waffles, pancakes, french toast, juices, milk, soda, coffee/tea and the list goes on and on. It is all you can eat and you can try a little of everything if you want. It's a tough call but with kids that little, I think Chef Mickey's would be the way to go if you have picky eaters and if you want them to jump and dance out some energy before going to a park that day.

I prefer 'Ohana. I love :lovestruc the juice there and I'm also a fan of plated character meals. I find them more relaxing (I don't worry about missing a character while I'm at the buffet).

I would choose O'hana as being more relaxing, good character interaction, and better food then Chef Mickey.

never got to eat at CM..but ate at O hana for the first time..and thought the breakfast was excellent. We raved about it..even the eggs were good. That juice...we loved it . The characters are great..it does not feel rushed. The kids get to do a parade around the restaurant with the characters. I also like that they plated the food and brought it to the table. IT was a very good breakfast and was very glad we did it.

We love both Ohana & Chef Mickey's for breakfast - they are both "must do's" for us. The food is good at both - there is more of a selection at Chef Mickey's because it is a buffet while at Ohana it is served to you family style. The character interaction is also good at both places, however, I would give a slight edge to Ohana because it has a more relaxed atmosphere.

I guess I am going to have to go against most others. We ate at O'Hana for the first time last month for breakfast. While the food was good, I didn't like the family style of it. Buffet's work much better for my kids, also we wait an HOUR past our ADR time, the only ADR all week that we waited more than 5 minutes. I haven't had CM breakfast for many years but we had lunch there last month and I thought the food and experience were great

Another vote for 'Ohana!:thumbsup2 My DH and I ate at both Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana for breakfast on our trip this past September. Chef Mickey's was good, but 'Ohana was definitely our pick. The character interaction is great at both places, but the deciding factor for me is the food and atmosphere at 'Ohana!

My vote will be for Chef Mickeys :thumbsup2 - its been a firm favourite with our kids since our first trip to WDW.
If you make you breakfast reservation a little later then you will get much better interaction with the characters as it is quieter :wizard:. The kids like watching the monorail while they are in the restaurant too.

I'm voting for Chef Mickey's too! My kids love it and even my picky eater had things to eat. It is loud but fun!

Dana

Definatly Ohanas.
The Characters are so much fun and not rushed.
The Atmosphere is very enjoyable. Good Food.
I thought the Family Style is great because you don't
have to get up and get food they bring you as much as you care
to eat.
Plus I don't like buffets--everyone touches everything--it grosses me out. :eek:

I haven't been to Chef Mickey's in a while, but loved it in the past. We just went to Ohana's this week and it was fabulous!!! We had a great waitress (Melanie), the food was great, and the characters were wonderful!! Pluto sat on the floor with my kids and actually acted like a dog. He was a lot of fun!!! they also did a little parade which my sons enjoyed! I think what I liked most was it was quieter and not as crowded as Chef Mickeys would be. Sometimes the larger character meals take a while to see the characters (which is fine for me but my kids are younger so sometimes waiting can be a bit hairy).
i would say that either place is fun but you may not have a choice when booking. I couldn't get Chef Mickey's this trip (which turned out ok) and could only get Ohana's for 7:40 on one day of the trip. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter