• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Ohana or Boma

Masonmj84

DIS Veteran
dinner for a first time Disney goer?

We will be on the DxDP and plan to eat at signatures the other 5 nights.

One of the planned signatures is for Jiko.

We are staying at CSR.

Do you have any plans to see the Poly if you do not go to 'Ohana? If not, it's definitely worth going to 'Ohana to check the Poly out. I have not eaten at 'Ohana before, but it receives rave reviews on the boards and I am looking forward to trying it for the first time on our next trip.

That being said, Boma is our favorite dinner buffet in WDW. If you do not have any plans to eat at a buffet already, I might try it. Given that you are already eating at Jiko, though, perhaps you do not want to go back to the AKL again? The other option could be switching Jiko to Boma so that you can have the buffet experience, although I have heard great things about Jiko as well.

Tough choice! If the 'Ohana menu appeals to you and you will not go to the Poly otherwise, I would try that. If you are already going to the Poly and have no other buffets planned, I might opt for Boma. Good luck with your decision! You truly can't go wrong either way (as cliché as that sounds). ;)

My least two favorite dinners from my last trip! Yay!

If I had to decide, I would definitely go with 'Ohana. At least the bread pudding is awesome. I had such high hopes for 'Ohana, after the awesome breakfast we had there on day 1. Boma also had some decent desserts, but the overall experience was very lacking. Way too big for a buffet. The food was actually very bland, which I was not expecting.

I'd definitely recommend 'Ohana before Boma, but that's not saying much.

My family loves Ohana. We eat there pretty much every trip. It is very very popular and difficult to get a reservation there. I suggest booking 180 days in advanced to get the desired dinner time.

We love both of these, but if we had to choose one, we would easily pick 'Ohana! Both of these resorts are gorgeous and are worth the visit, and since you are already dining at Jiko, a dinner at 'Ohana will give you a chance to check out the Poly. Give yourselves time to wander around the beautiful grounds and catch the EWP (nightly at 9PM) and maybe MK fireworks (depending upon the time) from the beach or boat dock. There is also a really cool torch-lighting ceremony around 5:30 PM Tuesday-Saturday nights (double-check the time so you don't miss it).

We like to plan our night like this: Torch ceremony, dinner, browse shops, EWP, cocktail, fireworks. It works like that when the fireworks are at 10.

Enjoy your trip and the DxDP!

I have never been to O'hana and i have only gone to Boma for breakfest. I think o'hana's dinner sounds better to me than boma's dinner, I love the Boma breakfast though. I would try o'hana because it is suppose to be one of the best meals at disney. every person who goes there loves there bread pudding.

For me this is easy, Ohana is our favorite place to eat and Boma we hated!!

DH and I can find anything on a buffet to eat, even if it is just the carving station. LOL But with Boma all the hype led me to believe that it was fabulous. Everyone said but it is "spicey". Now we love spicey, but I learned people have a different opinion on what is spicey.
Boma uses plenty of spices, but they are all sweet in nature. Cinnamon, vanilla and fruit flavors are in EVERYTHING. The meats were rubbed with it, the side dishes, even the soups were sweet. Believe me, I like sweet, but not for my dinner. Felt like we were eating a holiday dessert for dinner. For us it was gross. The food was good, but not for us. So when people say it is spicey, don't think hot and peppery....think cinnamon. :eek:

Ohana now is the bomb in our line up every trip. It suits us as we are both meat eaters. The sides are great, the sauces add enough "different" taste experience to enhance the meal. And the dessert...well heaven should be it's name. :cloud9: I am a chocolate person, but there is no better dessert on WDW property than that bread pudding with banana fosters caramel sauce!! Oh just thinking about it makes me drool.

So there is our experiences. Take them for what they are worth.
Enjoy your trip!!

We all prefer Ohana over Boma and that is including a large extended family.
The food is more easily suited to the masses while Boma has some very ethnic dishes. And while I love the variety of dishes at Boma, the rest of my family does not.

My family likes Ohana's better than Boma. We have some picky eaters that didn't eat anything at Boma.

well...I will be a little different than some of the previous posters.
We like Ohana, and usually head there for dinner every time we are at WDW, but Boma is our favorite. It is different, but thats the beauty of it, something very different from home. In fact its the one place we hit for a second time if our schedule permits:thumbsup2
I guess it depends on what you are looking for from a meal, both offer great food and atmosphere

I love them both, but 'Ohana is the one I'd pick. Both have great food and are all you can eat, but at the end of the day, the entertainment value at 'Ohana makes it better than Boma. Make sure you go on a day when Tracey Lipoa is working... she's the best!

Ohana all the way!! If u plan it right, around and 8pm ressie (if wishes is at 9), then you will be able to see the show from your table! Boma is good, but for my family, Ohana deff surpassed it! Enjoy!!

Ohana is better! I love Boma and visiting AKL is great, but the food at Ohana is better and of course visitng Poly is awesome too.

I haven't gone to Boma yet (have it scheduled for our trip in two weeks) but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ohana. We went as a party of 13 and EVERYONE agreed it was their favorite. The kids LOVE it too!

I vote for Ohana, especially if you have kids. The food is phenomenal and they entertain the kids! What more could you ask for?:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter