Ohana or Boma?

robinbutterfly

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to both? If so which one would you recommend if you could only pick one? I have a 3 year old and 4 year old and wondering which one they would enjoy more.
THANKS!

I would think the kids would have more fun at Ohana, breakfast or dinner but I would pick Ohana for dinner and Boma for breakfast

I have been to both & my personal opinion is that the food at Boma's was really tasty with lots of "different" dishes while the food at O'hana was terrible.

My sons were 9 & 11 when we went to these restaurants & they too preferred Boma. Also, it was really nice to see the AK Lodge while at Boma.

However, as your children are younger, if you are not going for the "quality" of the food but rather the experience, O'hana might be more fun for your kid's age group.

I have been to both locations for dinner and I would say Boma had the better food, however I think your kids would enjoy Ohana a lot better.

Another vote for O'hana here. The Character breakfast is out of this world! The meals are a lot of fun and the food is good. The food is good at Boma, but it is nothing special, IMO.

Have fun!

We've been to breakfast at both. My vote is for Ohana - the kids will LOVE it!

I hope to go to 'Ohana for dinner on our next trip.

We've been to both and enjoy both!

We are actually going back to each this trip. For little ones, I would recommend O'hana as children can interact and get up and walk around and not get bored while you are eating.

You will have fun at either though!

We like both. But with kids that age, Ohana would be my choice.

we've been to both also, and definitely liked both. i think it depends on the type of food your children eat...i am pretty picky, so while i enjoyed certain things at boma (the ribs are amazing!) there were many things i wouldn't eat. o'hana is a bit more my speed, i at least tried everything there. i also agree that for young children, o'hana is a better setting - very interactive. enjoy!:woohoo:

We like both places :goodvibes. I think the kids would probably like the atmosphere of Ohana better (they have activities like coconut races for the kids ;)). We think they are both excellent meals so I don't think you can go wrong with either one as far as the food is concerned :thumbsup2. But with a 3 and 4 year old, Ohana would be my suggesti, especially since it's still all you can eat but the food is served family style so there's no going up to a buffet to get your food, which could be a big plus with little ones :cutie:.

We've been to both, and we're going back to both this year. Boma would be my choice for food, but it's a buffet, where tthe food at 'Ohana is brought to your table. Just something to think about, depending on how many times you want to go to the buffet to fix plates. Our boys were 6 & 3 at Boma last year and they both loved it (no chicken nuggets or mac & cheese for them!), and they were probably 4 & 2 at 'Ohana, and they ate fine there too.

We love them both. But we never miss Ohana's. Plus, I like the atmosphere better there and it is family style. I would choose it just for that with younger kids.

Personally, I like both. But with kids your age, I definately would've chosen 'Ohana. The atmosphere is extremely kid-friendly, and the food is great. Boma is a great choice as well, but (trying my hardest to stay out of the stereotypical zone) kids aged 3 and 4 can be a bit picky, and Boma might not appeal as much to picky eaters. Of course, there's a high chance that your kids will love it. Be sure to try to get back to us about how it was. I'd love to know if your family and you liked it as much as I do. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter