'Ohana or Boma?

As far as food goes Boma wins hands down but Ohana does have entertainment. I would say give Boma a try and then do the parade in the lobby of AKL and animal watching at Arusha Rock with night vision goggles to make up for the lack of entertainment.

I have never heard of the parade in the lobby??? WHAT IS THAT!!!!!

Same here, Stitchfans. Boma didn't do it for anyone in my family. We're huge 'Ohana fans though. I found too many of the main dishes at Boma uninteresting. At 'Ohana, they're always great!

I personally liked Ohana's better. Bomas has alot of different food. I would at least try it once and make your own opinion though.

Because I had already eaten at 'Ohana several times and enjoyed it, I wanted to take my dh and dd, who had never been. We went last month (mid-Aug). The service was definatly lacking. Our server seemed to disappear after explaining how it all worked. It took us about 15 mins to get her attention in order to get more drinks. The appetizer course came out quickly, but the main meal followed within about 4 mins. We were seated at a small table, so there was very little room to put everything! The meat was dry and overly salty. I had previously enjoyed the meat skewers a lot so was really disappointed. We felt very rushed. Dh thought it was okay, but he had nothing to compare it to. Dd didn't like it at all.
We all love Boma. Since I had to make dining changes last Oct and didn't get to eat at Boma then or in Dec, we ate there in August. It was wonderful. I actually tried a ton of new stuff. I'm a true meat and potatoes girl so usually stick to what I know. Not this time. I tried all sorts of stuff, and liked it!!! I love the atmosphere, the servers are wonderful and most helpful. I love AKL itself and we have so much fun exploring the area before or after dinner. I'm trying breakfast there in April....haven't done that before.

BOMA is our first ADR of every trip. That's a standing rule if you go with me!!!

BOMA, even thought I picked Ohana's for this trip... Boma has many different type of foods, some spicy, buffet style, and I hate buffets, but its still better all around in my opinion!

I've been to both 'Ohana and Boma about 3 times in the last 4 months. The service and quality at 'Ohana just seem to decline every time. This past visit was so bad we deemed it our last. I think Boma has great variety and I've had really terrific service experiences there.

I have been to both 'Ohana and Boma several times, and if I had to pick one over the other, Boma would win out.

Boma over Ohana's hands down. Now even though I have both booked for this upcoming trip, I admit to being a little apprehensive about Ohana's--it seems like the service there is still that you sit down, they throw your food on the table and there's no leisure time between courses. The pacing of that restaurant drives me wild but I promised myself I would give it one more try and take the bull by the horns if we were rushed. One other note, was that my last visit in March, the skewered meats tasted like charcoal lighter fluid:confused3 Yuck! But the bread pudding was to die for:goodvibes

Boma, on the other hand, has several food stations with some very unusual and interesting offerings--along with the usual (chicken fingers, mac n cheese) for the unadventurous. Oh...and the dessert station. Oh WOW!!
Excuse me while I go salivate:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter