'Ohana or 1900 Park Fare for dinner

levenhopper

DIS Veteran
I sent my travel agent an email, letting her know that my friend and I had dropped 1900 Park Fare and replaced it with California Grill for our Monday dinner. She replied that she liked the idea, but really liked 1900 Park Fare - she said she thinks it's one of the best meals on site.

She recommended dropping 'Ohana and replacing it with 1900 Park Fare, because 1900 Park Fare is a "can't miss". I've never heard anyone else say that 1900 PF is worth dropping 'Ohana for...thoughts?

Do you have kids who like Cinderella? That would be my deciding factor.

We've eaten dinner at Ohana 4 times and Park Fare twice. Park Fare was our very first Disney meal on our first trip and we LOVED IT. However, the second time was decidedly less good. For me it would come down to what is more important, taste of the food or ambiance. We have older kids now who are over the characters so taste of food is the more important part to us now and Ohana wins that hands down. My girls have never asked to go back to Park Fare....

Food-wise, 1900 Park Fare has been our least favourite WDW restaurant. It was good, but not great, and the selection wasn't that big compared to the other places we ate.

1900 Park Faire was fine the first time we ate there but then again we were starving after a long day. The next time we ate there the food was nothing special and it was so loud with all the kids and the shrieking step sisters. Never again. O'Hana can be hit and miss. Large quantities of food and loud. So so food. These places are great if you have young kids but we now avoid all the character dining. We did it when the kids were young but now we prefer a good dining experience. My youngest is now 17.
It is much harder to get an O'Hana reservation and if you have never been it is worth going. JMHO.

I tried 1900 park faire on my last trip and it was only okay. Thought it had far less variety than other similar buffets (such as crystal palace or cape may). I'd definitely pick 'Ohana - it's a can't miss for me.

Ohana's food is miles ahead of 1900 Park Fare. The best thing PF has going for it is the characters, especially the Tremaines, and our kids loved it. If characters is not a focal point for you, then I would recommend sticking with Ohana. And if you do, make sure to leave room for the dessert which was outstanding!

We are doing both this trip. If I had to pick between them though, 'Ohana would stay. For us, that is our can't miss. We love it there.

The food at 1900 is just ok. It is the interaction with the Tremains that is the star of that meal. Purely on food I would go with Ohana, if you want the character interaction then 1900, but you can see the Tremains at MK and MVMCP as well.

I guess I would pick 'ohana but to be honest the place has gone downhill recently. its not as good as it once was

We were at O'hana last week. It was our best meal. Here were the others that I am comparing it too: le cellier, kona, captains grille, cape may. O'hana was fabulous, great service great meal

I have been to Disney ( counting last week ) 47 times and 1900 Park Fare has been given 3 chances and all 3 were bad . Food is less then ok . We thought about just sending my DD and her DD this trip so they could see Cindy but my DD wouldnt even go .

:guilty:

A young man in WDW. Who I am guessing likes to eat and drink:goodvibes. I would suggest 'Ohana. Omg eat til you drop. And no pesky characters. Although I do love them!!

I sent my travel agent an email, letting her know that my friend and I had dropped 1900 Park Fare and replaced it with California Grill for our Monday dinner. She replied that she liked the idea, but really liked 1900 Park Fare - she said she thinks it's one of the best meals on site.

She recommended dropping 'Ohana and replacing it with 1900 Park Fare, because 1900 Park Fare is a "can't miss". I've never heard anyone else say that 1900 PF is worth dropping 'Ohana for...thoughts?

Maybe she gets a commission from 1900? Lol!

Ro Z said:
A young man in WDW. Who I am guessing likes to eat and drink:goodvibes. I would suggest 'Ohana. Omg eat til you drop. And no pesky characters. Although I do love them!!

Haha. I like the logic. And we have our fair share if character meals, too. Akershus, CRT, and Tusker House (all breakfasts).

The food at both are not that good IMHO. Ohana is far too overhyped. Quality of meat is bad. The chicken is the most decent meat there, beef wasnt great, pork was gross. Potstickers and noodles were a bit dry. Wings were slimy. The best part were the salad, bread, & dessert. I would have loved to swap the slimy wings for crispier ones, but the server was never around!!!! It was annoying.

1900 PF food quality and selection were BLAH! Not a big fan at all. Even the desserts were lacking. The ONLY saving grace were the characters. Hilarious step sisters!!

If I really had to pick, i'd pick neither to be honest. I'd book an ADR for some place else.

I would pick Ohana, without a doubt! The food there is AMAZING, and the atmosphere is fun too. They do Hawaiian dances, hand out leis, etc. It's a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter