Ohana or 1900 Park Fare Breakfast

smileymomof3

Mouseketeer
Im planning a late morning breakfast on the monorail as we want to see Christmas decorations etc. I read Ohana is family style (which appeals to me, not having to get up and get my food) however the menu on all ears looks kind of limited. Eggs, potatoes and sausages? I'm also considering the breakfast at 1900 park fare and the menu looks to offer a lot of choices in the buffet. Can anyone give any advice on which they enjoyed more? thanks! :)

I am eating both for the first time this trip BUT the GF would have better decorations, 1900 PF has a alot more choices then Ohana. But I hear both are really good. 1900 has strawberry soup and Lobster eggs benedict

Do the characters factor into your decision at all? We have never eaten at 1900 Park Fare, however Ohana breakfast is one of two must do's for us on every vacation. The food is pretty standard, like you said, but the character interaction is some of the best on property. As for food, the POG juice is amazing as well as the bread you get. You also get fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and Mickey waffles (I think I remembered everything). The food has always been hot and fresh.

I'm sorry I can't speak to 1900 Park Fare... just wanted to let you know that I don't think you could go wrong with Ohana. :)

Kids saw Mary poppins on broadway so seeing her would be cool, but so would Lilo and stitch. We are going to chef mickeys and tusker so Mickey isn't a priority. I'm glad you wrote that ohana has Mickey waffles. one of my sons doesn't like eggs, so if they have waffles as well it would work! I like the idea of not having to get up and get my food! We have a lot of other buffets booked. We will tour grand floridans gingerbread house either way (and ride the monorail a bit! ) thanks for replying :)

Oh, that is a tough one! But I think I am going to have to go with 1900 PF! More food choices and the characters have always been the best! With that said, we really enjoy Ohana as well! The platter also includes fruit, waffles and bacon!

Both are must do's every trip for us, but 1900 is way better for food. Don't forget Alice and the mad hatter. He was a blast last time.

1900 park fare...the mad hatter is lots of fun.. and more breakfast choices ( including rice krispie treats):thumbsup2

We have done both. I love being served family style; it is just so much more relaxing than a buffet. We like the buffets too, but only do a couple since meals for us are to be a break

Like PP's said..Both are great...It is now our #1 Favorite
Character Breakfast in all of Disney.

We've always enjoyed Tusker House for Breakfast, as it had great food & character interaction, but Ohanas was our new favorite...1900 put it over the top...Great characters. Mad Hatter ( Very funny) Mary Poppins...nuff said..LoL Food Delish...& Best omelettes.... My vote 1900:thumbsup2 Have fun choosing.

My vote would probably be 1900 because Mary Poppins and I are practically perfect in every way and we have the same taste in jokes. However, if you do 'Ohana, you can just walk to the Grand Floridian (or take the monorail one stop). We love both, so I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I haven't eaten at 1900 PF for breakfast so I can't say however, I loved loved Ohana breakfast. The food came out fresh and it was so nice not having to get up. I loved the potatoes!!!! My vote goes to Ohana!!!!!!!!

We've eaten at both and the menu at 1900 is more plentiful. 'Ohana has mickey waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, Hawaiian bread, and biscuits. Each breakfast has its pros/cons.

The decorations at Christmas at the GF are better than at the Poly. We've had great meals at both, but we do prefer the family style over the buffet. However, we have found the characters at 1900 (Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh and Tigger) to be better! I think it really is based on your preferences. Enjoy :)

herb102211 said:
We've eaten at both and the menu at 1900 is more plentiful. 'Ohana has mickey waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, Hawaiian bread, and biscuits. Each breakfast has its pros/cons.

The decorations at Christmas at the GF are better than at the Poly. We've had great meals at both, but we do prefer the family style over the buffet. However, we have found the characters at 1900 (Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh and Tigger) to be better! I think it really is based on your preferences. Enjoy :)

I really enjoyed 1900 park fare for dinner. The characters especially Cinderella's sisters were great

My choice would be Ohana. We've eaten at both several times and while 1900 Park Fare is good and has more variety, we like Ohana better.

ohana is great! Love the food! Eggs. potatoes. sausage. bacon. pineapple bread. fruit. waffles. coffee and juice. very yummy.

1900 is really great too. Love the food here too. I think the decore would be nicer at GF so id go with that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

Ohana breakfast is nice. I wouldn't go out my way for it if no one in my party was interested in the characters though. The food is good...not great but pretty good for breakfast food. Characters were really rushed, especially Stitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter