Ohana Means Family: The Disney Difference (Disney Magic 1/4/15 Western Caribbean)

marshmeloh

Just a CCLS blogging about all things Disney!
Hi All!

I just got back from my trip on the Disney Magic Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Key West, Grand Cayman, and Castaway Cay) on the January 4th voyage and wanted to share my trip report with you all because reading other people's trip reports was so helpful for me in planning my cruise and in building up anticipation for the sail away day!

I already have a blog and so I think I am going to post my trip report there and update here with a synopsis of the post and a link each time I add a post. I'll also keep a list of the links in my next posting here for easy access. Feel free to comment or ask questions here or in the comment page on my blog, I'm happy to answer them!

trip-report.png

Here's my first post:
Trip Report Introduction and Trip Planning

In this post you will find an intro to me and my travel partner, how we decided on our cruise and the exciting story of how we funded our trip (I was on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire!). Enjoy!

I can't open the link.:confused3

ilovemykids1016- Thanks for letting me know! I think I fixed it? I ended up with a double http:// in the address so I took that out and now it works on my end. Try it out, let me know if it doesn't work!

Now my picture works too!

Here's a new post for you:

Day 1: Wilderness Lodge and Monorail Loop Resort Fun

In this post a little about the resort we stayed in, Christmas decorations at the Magic Kingdom resorts, and some quick service meals at Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian.

Nothing too crazy here, but I promise we'll get to more meat and potatoes soon!

A new post-finally on the ship!

Day 2: Embarkation and Sail Away

In this post: breakfast at Whispering Canyon, the embarkation process, exploring the ship, sail away party, introduction to our table mates, dinner at Carioca's and the adult's only Magic Quest!

Keep the posts coming! Leaving on the same cruise Feb. 1!!!

-Colleen

Glad you've tuned in Colleen! Will try to keep them coming this week to get you pumped up for your vacation! Plus, it will help ease the blow of the blizzard thinking about the warm Caribbean!:cool1:
Enjoy your trip, if you haven't cruised on Disney before beware, you'll get addicted!!:rotfl2:

Glad you've tuned in Colleen! Will try to keep them coming this week to get you pumped up for your vacation! Plus, it will help ease the blow of the blizzard thinking about the warm Caribbean!:cool1:
Enjoy your trip, if you haven't cruised on Disney before beware, you'll get addicted!!:rotfl2:

We love Disney World and this will be our first Disney Cruise!! I'll willingly get addicted haha

Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Great description of the Aquadunk! I have a question....did the end of the ride cause any swimsuit malfunctions?! I'm worried of flashing the top deck! Lol.

Great description of the Aquadunk! I have a question....did the end of the ride cause any swimsuit malfunctions?! I'm worried of flashing the top deck! Lol.

Good question! I had the exact same worry and wore a tankini during pool days just in case I decided to go on, and did not have any problems. However, when I splashed down, I mostly felt the water pressure in my face, not my chest. Also, as long as you keep your arms crossed (which they tell you to anyway) you shouldn't have a problem.... but if you have a Tankini or a one piece, it probably wouldn't hurt!!

Wow! This is a great report! I love all the pictures too. Looks like you all had a ball. Thanks so much for sharing!

Wow! This is a great report! I love all the pictures too. Looks like you all had a ball. Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks for tuning in Shea&Van! We did have an amazing time, now I'm afraid we're hooked! Hope it helps people in planning their own trips!

Loving your report!!! Looking at this cruise for our 10 year anniversary in 2018 (I like to think ahead!). Were the Christmas decorations still up on the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter