• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Ohana Meal Length

cgorn

Mouseketeer
How long is a meal at 'Ohana? I have 7:40 reservations next Sunday night, and "Wishes" is at 9PM. I figured since it was a buffet, it might be quicker, but it also appears this is not your average buffet. Will we be able to make it back to MK for Wishes, or should we plan on watching it from the Polynesian?

Thanks! This board has been invaluable for our upcoming trip (2-3 through 2-7)

Chad

If you wanted to wolf down your meal and then go, you could make it. I would say that is not enough time and just plan on watching them from the Poly. enjoy!

'Ohana is not a buffet. It is all you can eat but the food is brought to your table. I would allow at least an hr, more if you have kids that will want to participate in the games.

I would plan on watching from the Polynesian beach. The meal is served family style with the servers bringing out your appetizers, then the meats, followed with the bread pudding. I don't think you would have time to get to the park without rushing through your meal. We watched the fireworks from the beach this past October and they were great. The music is played from the speakers near the pool too.

I will also be at Ohana's at that time. Driving down for the day just to eat there and do some shopping in DTD for Mickey kitchen items. You could try to request a window seat and see the fireworks, we do this and think the fireworks are very pretty from in the restaurant. Or watch from the Poly beach.

It generally takes close to an hour to eat there. I would recommend just staying at the resort to watch it. You might be able to make it back to the MK but you would be cutting it close depending on what the monorails are doing at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter