Ohana for breakfast or dinner

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Bridget816, Mar 16, 2013.

1. herb102211

herb102211 DIS Veteran

We've never done dinner, but we have always had a great breakfast there. In fact, its one of our favorite character meals. I think the kids would really like it!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. EeyoreEma

EeyoreEma DIS Veteran

We've done both, and the answer is hands down breakfast for us. The dinner was not worth it to me. We were disappointed with the food after all the hoopla. I almost decided not to try breakfast there, but I am SO glad we did! I love the breakfast potatoes they serve and everything else was delicious as well! My dh actually chose this as his birthday breakfast for our upcoming trip!

4. Disneyaddictz

Disneyaddictz DIS Veteran

We just checked out and had Ohana for breakfast, amongst several other character breakfasts and we were quite disappointed. The Polynesian is beautiful and I'm glad we got to see it but it won't be on my list for a return breakfast. My husband and I are big breakfast eaters but were surprised at the limited selection. Not worth it IMO. Didn't compare to all the other amazing buffets around.

5. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

I prefer breakfast. Dinner was terrible from the food to the entertainment (which was on the tacky side). Breakfast however has yummy food and really friendly characters! Love Stitch especially!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

I agree 100%. Dinner sucks. Breakfast rocks.

EDIT: Oops! Didnt realise I already posted on this thread. Lol!

7. tj2002

tj2002 Earning My Ears

My dinner there was great. Food was delicious and server was attentive.! Can't speak to breakfast there, but IMO disney overcharges for breakfast. It amazes me how many ppl spend so much on eggs and waffles...so inexpensive to make.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

8. rainynight

rainynight Mouseketeer

We love both but I would vote for dinner hands down.

9. floridagirl61

floridagirl61 Mouseketeer

Another vote for dinner. We have always enjoyed our meals here, especially the bread pudding dessert.

10. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

I prefer dinner at Ohana. DH likes both.

11. casanova5

casanova5 Mouseketeer

Never tried dinner but breakfast was great

12. amypetecar

amypetecar DIS Veteran

There's clearly a variety of opinions posted here, to help you decide consider:

Dinner
    - i thought dinner was great! I loved the variety of meat and flavor. Dessert was wonderful!
    - my kids 6 and 9 didnt like anything they brought to the table
    - if your child doesnt like dinner, ask for something more kid friendly, they made chicken fingers and hotdogs for them
    - my wife said every type of meat they brought was cold. I agreed, but it didnt bother me

Breakfast
    - my wife and kids all liked the food
    - the characters were fun
    - at $25 per adult, it was a little expensive
    - while it is all you can eat, there is a lag time between servings, so its tough to eat alot without getting full
    - there is better variety at other breakfast buffets... Boma comes to mind as being exceptional
    - its a fun experience! Beautiful resort, fun leis, characters

Honestly, most folks seem to really enjoy both meals. Whichever you pick, enjoy! Chances are you'll love it!

13. tink1829

tink1829 Earning My Ears

We ate there for dinner with 9 ppl 2 were kids 6 and 9 they ate the food and had a blast with the kid activities they do for them great fun