Ohana dinner?

What I think they need to do then is maybe compromise and have certain times that they run entertainment and then just restaurant time with light music. From what I got from the CM it was couples without children complaining. So what about running entertainment from 4-7 and then quiet time? That would make more sense to me. What's next, Whispering Canyon getting rid of all their antics as well? After all Ohana actually means "family". Is your family dinner table quiet? Mine is not with 3 kids for sure! Rob

I can't believe that!!! That is so disappointing. We are having dinner there Sunday night. Although my kids don't participate it was fun watching my niece have such a good time.
Like pp said what are you doing at Disney if you don't like kids or loud restaurants??? I'm scratching my head over this Disney decision.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I can't believe that!!! That is so disappointing. We are having dinner there Sunday night. Although my kids don't participate it was fun watching my niece have such a good time.
Like pp said what are you doing at Disney if you don't like kids or loud restaurants??? I'm scratching my head over this Disney decision.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Please post if entertainments still going on for the kids

Ohana has cancelled all the entertainment as of last week when we were there twice due to complaints from guests saying that the hula lessons, Conga lines and coconut races were disturbing their meals. Currently there is no entertainment except low music in the background. We took friends last week for their first time promising them a fun experience and left scratching our heads. Food was good but why cancel the entertainment? The combination was unbeatable. The experience was something the kids were looking forward to.

Rob

What time was your ADR? I'm trying to figure this all out and another thread said that maybe they stopped the entertainment for later reservations.

The Disney website still mentions the entertainment.

What I think they need to do then is maybe compromise and have certain times that they run entertainment and then just restaurant time with light music. From what I got from the CM it was couples without children complaining. So what about running entertainment from 4-7 and then quiet time? That would make more sense to me. What's next, Whispering Canyon getting rid of all their antics as well? After all Ohana actually means "family". Is your family dinner table quiet? Mine is not with 3 kids for sure! Rob

I agree its a family place I would not go there expecting it to be quite. We have been twice and our then one year old and DH loved the food. I still like it but not as much as the first time. We will be there again in a month looking forward to it with two kids in two this year.

I hope this is just a temporary situation. My children are now a bit older, but we still enjoy the activity of the dinner.

We ate there Tuesday night and there was no entertainment of any kind short of the woman playing a ukulele.

Considering we promised our son (almost 5) and his little sister some activities to keep them interested it's not a stretch to say we left a little disappointed.

They didn't even have the lady playing the ukelele when we were there last week. I heard she teaches hula lessons in the foyer at 3. I hope for others sake it is just temporary.

Rob

Ohana has cancelled all the entertainment as of last week when we were there twice due to complaints from guests saying that the hula lessons, Conga lines and coconut races were disturbing their meals. Currently there is no entertainment except low music in the background. We took friends last week for their first time promising them a fun experience and left scratching our heads. Food was good but why cancel the entertainment? The combination was unbeatable. The experience was something the kids were looking forward to.

Rob

That is really sad. My kids 9 and 4 weren't crazy about the food but liked it for the entertainment. We may just go to Kona.

That is really sad. My kids 9 and 4 weren't crazy about food but liked it for the entertainment. We may just go to Kona.

That's why I bring my grandkids. We were there two weeks ago and there was a little entertainment. We were told the women called in sick, so they had a guy from the luau to it. I was dissapointed but those things happen. But if they never have entertainment again, I won't pay 18 bucks for my DGD to eat two shrimp and ice cream.

Seeing as the Disney website still mentions the entertainment at dinner maybe this is just temporary. Can we call the restaurant directly? I have a feeling there will be quite a few people who will want to cancel their reservation if there is no entertainment.

Seeing as the Disney website still mentions the entertainment at dinner maybe this is just temporary. Can we call the restaurant directly? I have a feeling there will be quite a few people who will want to cancel their reservation if there is no entertainment.

Can't call them directly. You could call the dining line and ask but that's hit or miss.

This will be disappointing if it holds true.

We have an ADR in February that I will cancel if this is true. The entertainment is the whole reason I booked! I've never been and my kids love stuff like that. Are they still doing entertainment at Boma? My kids loved that too.

We can all discuss how we feel here, but if we want to make a difference, take a moment to write to Disney. If you want to see the coconut races stay, Lipoa the best hostess ever keep her position to entertain and play with guests, please take a minute to write to Disney and tell them what you think. I would be SO sad for her to be gone, which could be the next step.

go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

For our family, a visit to WDW is not complete without dinner at Ohanas. We cherish our special maracas, given one eventful evening, the last night of our vacation so many years ago:hourglass in which we had no Ohana reservation. Disney would not have us leave without a dinner at Ohana and so the fates broke the monorail down at the entrance to the Polynesian when we were on our way back to the Grand Floridian. We sat for a half hour on the monorail resisting checking on dinner at Ohanas when finally one child had to go potty, which happen to be located right next to Ohanas. When we checked in with the hostess they were wide open due to the monorail breakdown and so we could be seated immediately. We all felt relief we would not be leaving Disney without our visit to Ohanas. It is a magical memory from one of the most special places to dine at Disney.

Anyway, I hope to take my grandkids there and video them racing with the coconuts, hula hooping and doing the limbo. PLEASE take a moment to make your voices heard to Disney. They listen.

We can all discuss how we feel here, but if we want to make a difference, take a moment to write to Disney. If you want to see the coconut races stay, Lipoa the best hostess ever keep her position to entertain and play with guests, please take a minute to write to Disney and tell them what you think. I would be SO sad for her to be gone, which could be the next step.

go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

PLEASE take a moment to make your voices heard to Disney. They listen.

And done. Thanks for posting the link.

Couldn't they have kept the races to the front side and kept the backside of the grills quiet for patrons who didn't like the races? It seems like they could have compromised a bit :( My kids are "too big" to do the games, but we all love to watch.

For our family, a visit to WDW is not complete without dinner at Ohanas. We cherish our special maracas, given one eventful evening, the last night of our vacation so many years ago:hourglass in which we had no Ohana reservation. Disney would not have us leave without a dinner at Ohana and so the fates broke the monorail down at the entrance to the Polynesian when we were on our way back to the Grand Floridian. We sat for a half hour on the monorail resisting checking on dinner at Ohanas when finally one child had to go potty, which happen to be located right next to Ohanas. When we checked in with the hostess they were wide open due to the monorail breakdown and so we could be seated immediately. We all felt relief we would not be leaving Disney without our visit to Ohanas. It is a magical memory from one of the most special places to dine at Disney.

Anyway, I hope to take my grandkids there and video them racing with the coconuts, hula hooping and doing the limbo. PLEASE take a moment to make your voices heard to Disney. They listen.

I'm also done with my email! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter