Ohana dinner?

nikki071406

Mouseketeer
How is it with children? Worth going? I have 4 and 6 year old girls

So far we've always done only character meals but wondering how dinner at Ohana would be

I took my 4 year old there last week and he loved it. He is a meat eater so he definitely liked the food. He had such a good time when they did the kids activities. He loved being in the parade.

I have taken my DD there 3 times. When she was 4 years, 6 years & 8 years old. She loves Ohana.

Our kids were 7, 8, and 15 when we went. They didn't like everything, but they liked enough to walk out stuffed. One of our favorites T WDW.

Try it and form your opinion.
I think it is horrible, but I'm glad I tried it.
Since I refuse to go back after several tries, I figure I'm doing a good thing by leaving a res open for someone else!:rotfl2:

Hubbie and I love it. Our son (age 4 last visit) only liked the broccoli and ice cream they gave him
for dessert. I didn't realize they had a kids menu, so I plan on asking about it next time to see what other options they have for him.

So if your kids don't like what is being served, you can always ask about other options for them :-)

Try it and form your opinion.
I think it is horrible, but I'm glad I tried it.
Since I refuse to go back after several tries, I figure I'm doing a good thing by leaving a res open for someone else!:rotfl2:

Ditto! :thumbsup2

This place seems to get 2 consistent reviews:
"Best meal ever - LOVE it"
"Terrible- worst food ever".

Unless you try it for yourself, you will not know which group you are in.:)

My kids (7, 5, and 2) loved it!!! Our waiter brought them stuff from the kids menu...mac and cheese and chicken tenders.

We tried it for the first time on our last trip, the whole group fell in love and it's become a must-do. Great for kids, and the dessert bread pudding is to die for.

We went last year even though reviews were iffy. We cancelled our Dessie for the luau to go to ohanas. We saved a TS credit and the food looked better. Plus there were activities for the kids like coconut races. We loved it and we're going back next trip. Keeping fingers crossed for a repeat success.

How is it with children? Worth going? I have 4 and 6 year old girls So far we've always done only character meals but wondering how dinner at Ohana would be

We ate here for the first time in July, and can't believe we had never been before! It is now my DS16's new favorite restaurant. I have never seen the kid eat so much in my life!! lol
It was delicious- better than I thought it would be. My boys are older so didn't participate in the activities, but my niece (7yo) had a blast!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

How is it with children? Worth going? I have 4 and 6 year old girls

So far we've always done only character meals but wondering how dinner at Ohana would be

It is great for kids. They have a conga line with them around the restaurant, and if they don't like the food options, they can have a hot dog instead (I think there may have been other options too but my kids got hot dogs). We really love Ohana for food and experience :goodvibes

Ohana has cancelled all the entertainment as of last week when we were there twice due to complaints from guests saying that the hula lessons, Conga lines and coconut races were disturbing their meals. Currently there is no entertainment except low music in the background. We took friends last week for their first time promising them a fun experience and left scratching our heads. Food was good but why cancel the entertainment? The combination was unbeatable. The experience was something the kids were looking forward to.

Rob

Ohana has cancelled all the entertainment as of last week when we were there twice due to complaints from guests saying that the hula lessons, Conga lines and coconut races were disturbing their meals. Currently there is no entertainment except low music in the background. We took friends last week for their first time promising them a fun experience and left scratching our heads. Food was good but why cancel the entertainment? The combination was unbeatable. The experience was something the kids were looking forward to. Rob
We'll like you said people were complaining. In top of the food coming out too fast the coconut races were dangerous as I got hit in the shins multiple times Those were 2 of the reasons we elected to not return for a few years.

That is sad that the entertainment got cancelled. That was part of the restaurants culture.
I enjoyed it.

What I think they need to do then is maybe compromise and have certain times that they run entertainment and then just restaurant time with light music. From what I got from the CM it was couples without children complaining. So what about running entertainment from 4-7 and then quiet time? That would make more sense to me. What's next, Whispering Canyon getting rid of all their antics as well? After all Ohana actually means "family". Is your family dinner table quiet? Mine is not with 3 kids for sure!

Rob

What I think they need to do then is maybe compromise and have certain times that they run entertainment and then just restaurant time with light music. From what I got from the CM it was couples without children complaining. So what about running entertainment from 4-7 and then quiet time? That would make more sense to me. What's next, Whispering Canyon getting rid of all their antics as well? After all Ohana actually means "family". Is your family dinner table quiet? Mine is not with 3 kids for sure!

Rob

Agreed

Rob

Really? That is sad. My husband and I don't have kids ( and don't wanna have kids either) and still... We tought the coconut race was fun to watch and the kids were adorable.

If you can't tolerate kids, what are you doing in WDW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter