• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ohana dinner???

mistee

Mouseketeer
been hearing how everyone loves ohana for dinner, never been.

what is it all about?
what goes on?
is it fun for kids?

what about non meat or sea food eaters, anything for them?

The food is served family style, brought to your table, and keeps coming.

There is a lounge singer type hostess, Lipoa, who invites people (anyone) up to learn hula, limbo, coconut races (broomstick to guide a coconut around the dining room, call and response songs, etc.. It is very festive and everyone is referred to as "cousin." We went the first time, four years ago, and now begin our stay with the dinner here! It gets you ready for character engagement.

Be aware that I've read Lipoa's nights off are Sunday and Monday, so I don't know about those nights.

Breakfast is a character meal with Lilo and Stitch here.

Hope this is what you wanted to know.:flower3:

For seafood they have the best shrimp I have eaten. The are the ones you have to peel, the marinade is soooo good. The dessert is also pure heaven, be sure to save room.

If you don't eat meat OR seafood, you're probably limited to the salad, turkey, broccoli, noodles, and the bread pudding.

Can anyone tell me what the kid's options are at Ohana for dinner?

From: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=25

'Ohana Dinner Child: Ages 3 - 9 (Children under 3 free) 5:00pm - 10:00pm - Starters: Pork fried dumplings, Corriander chicken wings, and Mixed Greens with Honey-Lime dressing. Skewers (prepared over an oak fire): Marinated sirloin steak, Asian BBQ pork loin, Mesquite grilled turkey, and non-peeled shrimp. Accompaniments: broccoli and green peas and pad Thai noodles. Sauces: peanut, chimichurri and sweet-and-sour. Dessert: 'Ohana bread pudding a la mode with Banana Foster sauce. **Note: Alternative selections for children: Chicken nuggets, Macaroni & cheese, Grilled cheese sandwich, PB & J sandwich, Hamburger, or Cheeseburger. All of the above served with French fries. Includes tea and soda. - $12.99 *

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter