Ohana Dinner vs Luau Dinner Show

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
Which is better/more entertaining for a 8 year old? Heard Ohana plays games with kids at dinner - do they let the kids interact in the luau or is it more visual? Would love to hear personal experiences with either or both - TIA :)

We took our then 8-year old to both during our last trip and I'm not sure that she preferred one over another! At 'Ohana, she got to participate in hula dancing and received a lei. At the luau, the kids were called on stage to learn how to hula at one point, but most of the show is not interactive. We did enjoy the show - not something we would want to do every time, but worth seeing. We did really prefer the food at 'Ohana though - if you haven't been to either, I would probably recommend trying 'Ohana first.

Which is better/more entertaining for a 8 year old? Heard Ohana plays games with kids at dinner - do they let the kids interact in the luau or is it more visual? Would love to hear personal experiences with either or both - TIA :)

'Ohana. The kids are going to love the interaction here!

The Luau is more visual.

I like the food best at Ohana.

As other folks have mentioned, they do invite the kids to dance at the luau, and our older boys loved the fire dancing, but if you're looking for a bit more interaction, especially for an 8 year old, I'd probably go with 'Ohana.

I'd suggest 'Ohana. The coconut races really get the kids engaged.

If you child wants to learn hula, the Poly has (or had last year) free classes once a day in the lobby. There are usually only 6-12 people who attend, which makes for a much better experience than you'll find at the Luau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter