'Ohana Dinner Review - 7/13/06

We love Ohanas too. Have not been since the changes were made. We are looking foward to it.

The shrimps look nice, we haven't been since that change. I don't like the potatoes but love those chicken wings!

Thanks so much for posting this. We love Ohana's but I was getting a little worried about the not so great reviews with the new menu & such. Your pics helped me get over my fears and keep our original plans :teeth:

Bellenbuzz - We're going to be at Disney on the same day according to our tickers - when are you going to Ohana's? We will be there on 11/11 for my mom's b-day.

Great review.

Would you recommend Ohana for a married couple without children?

Dennyha said:
Great review.

Would you recommend Ohana for a married couple without children?

If you are looking for something quiet, then stay away. If you can enjoy seeing kids happy and jumping around (even it they are not your own), then go for it.

It can be loud and raucous at times, but I find it all in good fun. That, and I personally like the food (whether it's the new menu or the old).

We have our ADR's for November 14th BECAUSE it is My Mom's Birthday (Its her Actual Day) So We thought Ohanas would be fun since there is group of 10 of us !!
How Cool Is That !!
Did you request or do anything special at Ohanas for your Mom's Birthday ????

I would love to run into a DIS'er that I have chatted with when I am at WDW, I think that would be so fun & special !!

We are staying at POR/AB.

Our vacay will be here before we know it !!
Now My 5yr old DD is picking out the Smilie Dudes:
:happytv: popcorn:: :wave: :drinking1 :chat: :hmghost: :mickeyjum :donald: :tigger: :sulley: :stitch: :simba: :figment:

we ate here for the first time last sept. it was great!!! :yay: we were disappointed that the rice was gone, but the potatoes were excellent. we were STUFFED by the time the bread pudding came along, but it was sooooo good that we ate it all & ordered more ( we ate all of that too) i still can't beleive it! :teeth:

Enjoyed the review - booked Ohana for the first time in September!

Thanks for the pics and review! I made an ADR for our trip in Jan/Feb and I'm so excited! It will be our first time eating here! :teeth:

Trying to make up my mind. I am considering doing Ohana over California Grill with DH and 2DD ages 9 and 12. It is my birthday and I already have CG booked but now am concerned the girls will not like the meal at CG, but I love fireworks. What is a Disney fan suppose to do? Can anyone compare? I think they are probably very different experiences...

Fabulous review, and pictures to boot :goodvibes!!! Love it! We really enjoyed the shrimp skewers last July and were disappointed to hear they'd changed them, but I am glad to hear that the newly prepared shrimp is still yummy! The bread pudding looks delish as well. I can't wait to go back to 'Ohana!

forever35 - You are right, they are two completely different experiences. We loved them both. CG is more refined (definitely no coconut races or hula hooping there!) but they both have an open type cooking area. My entire family enjoyed CG (DH, me, and kids who were then 11, 6, and 2.) I would recommend both honestly - is there a different TS meal you could skip instead of one of these? If not, then I guess I would recommend 'Ohana because you have to experience it - and you can see fireworks from there too. Good luck with your decision :)

Jen812,

Here are a list of my ADR's. WI would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations

Coral Reef- dinner
Le Cellier- dinner
Sc-Fi- lunch
Donald Breakfastaurus (pay out of Pocket if I don't chanage to Ohana)
Akershus breakfast
California Grill/ or Ohana ????

thanks!! :sunny:

bellenbuzz said:
Group of 10ppl going in November, none of us have ever eaten at Ohana's before, I am really looking forward to it !!

YUMMY YUMMY FOR MY TUMMY !! :teeth: ::yes::
YOU WONT REGRET IT. WE LOVE IT AND THE DESSERT IS OUT OF THIS WORLD...............SO SAVE ROOM!

Thanks everyone! We decided to go with Ohana after reading everyone's reviews. It sounds like a lot of fun. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter