'Ohana dessert?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
I've heard great reviews about the Banana's Foster, but I'll miss the Pineapple and Caramel! Can we substitute or buy the Pineapple instead?

TIA

My DDS son was just talking about this last night. Ohanas is his favorite restaurant. We tried the new menu in January. He mentioned how bummed he was to find out that they weren't serving the pineapple and carmel until he ate the Bananas Foster. I have to agree. I was skeptical until I tasted the new dessert. I wish we could enjoy both but I would be happy with either option. Not everyone feels the same. Overall, I liked the new menu even though I also liked the old one. To me, it was 6 one way, half a dozen the other (I think that is the correct expression).

Disneyhappy said:
My DDS son was just talking about this last night. Ohanas is his favorite restaurant. We tried the new menu in January. He mentioned how bummed he was to find out that they weren't serving the pineapple and carmel until he ate the Bananas Foster. I have to agree. I was skeptical until I tasted the new dessert. I wish we could enjoy both but I would be happy with either option. Not everyone feels the same. Overall, I liked the new menu even though I also liked the old one. To me, it was 6 one way, half a dozen the other (I think that is the correct expression).

I'm glad to hear you liked the new menu. I had just heard about the change and was a little worried. My family LOVED the old one.

But I would go to Ohana JUST FOR THE BREAD PUDDING!!!

That banannas foster sauce was so good I was literally eating it with a spoon after the bread pudding was gone!

I am excited to try dessert here!
Last time we went - I was so stuffed I did not have room for it! But now, since it's included for free - I make sure I have room.

:banana:

We went to Ohannas last Sept just after the new menu started. I had made the ADR before the changes had been announced. My youngest son is allergic to coconut, so I called to have it noted on our ADR. The CM in dining connected me straight to Ohannas and I left a voice message telling them about his allergy along with the date and time of our ADR. I wasn't expecting a call back, but the next day Chef Michael called me just to reassure me that my son could have other options (I had not left my phone number so he had to go to some trouble to get it from WDW dining and then call me). He made several suggestions and said he would note it for the kitchen and when we arrived that night to ask to speak to the chef on duty who would be aware of it. I told him we didn't want them to go any trouble, and asked if he could just have the old pineapple dessert. He laughed and said that was an easy one and no problem. When we arrived that night I told the waitress what he had said and she said she'd go get a chef. She returned a few minutes later to tell us Michael himself had put the order in before he left for the day and my son's pineapple was waiting in the kitchen. She later brought out a 1/2 pineapple with a little pitcher of hot caramel sauce. Just before my son finished it she came by to tell him the other 1/2 was waiting in the kitchen if he wanted it.

Anyway my point is Ohannas has great service and will try to accomodate you. We really enjoyed the new menu, by the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter