Ohana cannot get reservations

writersblock42

DIS Veteran
I am trying to figure this one out. We are going to be in Disney from June 8-June 15. I was able to book all the reservations that I wanted including character meals and buffets both in and out of the park for everything that I wanted except for BOG (I knew it was a long shot) and Ohana. My family really wanted to go to Ohana for dinner but not a deal breaker. I am just surprised that it filled up that fast.

Just do not give up! Keep checking on-line. Since they started charging to hold the ADRs, I have not found one that didn't open back up at some point - even the most popular. People cancel and switch their ADRs all the time.

We just added DD,DGrD(1) and DSinL to our Memorial Day trip and I was shocked that all the restaurants still had times for us to switch to:thumbsup2

It seemed to become much more difficult to get in two years ago. Prior to that we always had multiple choices during our dates and usually ate our first and last meal there! no more:sad2::sad2:we were eating at 10:15pm in December...only ADR time was 9pm and everything was running long. When we walked out, the dining hall was still over half full, even after 11pm;) I called daily for a month to get an earlier time..no luck. I am keeping my fingers crossed we can get in this trip. DH would be crushed not to eat there

keep stalking the site, everyday, even multiple times a day! ;) We did for months, and did finally get Ohana for our trip last Nov.
Also, for BOG we were able to walk up at 3:40 and get in for a 4pm dinner in Nov. Not sure if they are still doing that, but if you can't find one by then, you could give it a shot.
Find the cancelled ADR thread for your month as well. People will sometimes coordinate times with you if they can.

Good luck!

We have been able to get Ohana for Xmas dinner last 2years with no problem..we are party of 2 and eat late(8:30 or later). How flexible are you?
Connears

Like PPs, keep checking back. Definitely check back around 30-45 days out. That's when vacation balances are due and people cancel (or Disney cancels for them).

I am trying to figure this one out. We are going to be in Disney from June 8-June 15. I was able to book all the reservations that I wanted including character meals and buffets both in and out of the park for everything that I wanted except for BOG (I knew it was a long shot) and Ohana. My family really wanted to go to Ohana for dinner but not a deal breaker. I am just surprised that it filled up that fast.

Keep checking. Reservations can be made 180 days out so quite a few people make them that day.

Like PPs, keep checking back. Definitely check back around 30-45 days out. That's when vacation balances are due and people cancel (or Disney cancels for them).

That's a great tip. I still have hope for a better BOG reservation!

Last week I got a 5:10 for March 8 for a party of 7 and this past weekend, I got a 6:40 for March 3 for a party of 8 so definitely keep trying!

I had been trying for 2 weeks to get 'Ohana for the second week in June. Was always told the only time available was 9:30 pm! Finally yesterday a 6:55 pm showed up! Yay! DGS is gonna love it!:cool1:

We just added this to our trip in the last week. I want everything booked in case we want to go at the last minute and wished we had booked it, since most likely nothing can be added once we are there. We got a 9:20 reservation for 13 people for our June trip. Just keep calling.

I think people know it is a difficult reservation to get so they end up snagging a bunch of them in order to give themselves options later and then cancel at the last minute. It is quite annoying and a self-perpetuating cycle, but that is what happens with some of the Disney restaurants.

In January we could not get a reservation for any time, any day. I checked weekly and finally a week before we were due to leave, I found an opening just at the right time and on the right day. So it pays to check the site often. Good luck!

I just booked 'ohana on June 12th they had openings for dinner the 12 the 11 and the 9... All were after 9pm but they still had some

I have been checking everyday (multiple times a day) for something June 1st .. Finally got one yesterday for 7:50!!

Keep checking!! pixiedust:

Thanks this is encouraging. I have one reserved at 9:30PM but I definitely want something earlier. It's our favorite place! I don't know what I was thinking when I didn't book this months ago. I know it's hard to get a reservation. Aaarrgghh!

Keep checking. We booked a last minute trip last summer, so of course it was all booked up. I kept looking and got a really late ADR. And I kept trying and eventually I found one at a good date and time for us. Since people will lose money if they don't show up, you have a good chance of finding a cancellation, especially closer to your date when people start deciding if they really want that ADR or not. Good luck! :goodvibes

Definitely keep checking! I'm actually evaluating my adr's as we speak and am probably going to cancel our 'Ohana reservation because I think we may want to try something else. Thing is....I'm not going to let it go just yet (since I already have it of course). I will probably wait until a couple of weeks before to cancel and we are going the exact same week as you.

Now, I'm not one to make multiple adr's for supper on a given day...we just may do something offsite that day and I don't want to worry about getting back.

So....long story short, keep checking :).

I just cancelled Ohana for June 15th at 8:00 p.m. for a party of 7. I see it is your last day, but I thought I would post just in case you are still there all day.

Good luck!

Keep checking! I've been looking daily, often multiple times, for a month. Today I finally saw a 6:35 res for my trip in 2 weeks. I think some people book multiple ressies and wait to finalize plans then cancel once thrir plans are final.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter