Ohana breakfast + photo session? Time?

ScatCat

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Like most people here I have one eye on the DISboards and one eye on the economy. I've suspected it for a while, but now I know for sure, this may be our last trip for a few years. Sooo, I want to make the most of it and book that private photo session I thought was too expensive a few months ago.

We have ADRs for breakfast at Ohana at 9:05am, what time should I request a photo shoot? We are scheduled for Illuminations the night before and it will only be our first wake-up in WDW so I'm thinking that a before breakfast appointment will be too early.

Should I go for 10? 10:30? Later? And how long does it take? Would we make it to MK at a decent hour?

Advice please! Oh, and we will be at the Grand Floridian a few days later with an ADR at the same time, 9:05. We could do the shoot there too but still the question remains, what time should I book?

OR

Should I forget trying to hook up at breakfast time and go for a "golden hour" sunset shoot?

Scat

I'm not familiar with the photo shoots. Where can I find out more information on these.. (prices, what it entails, where they are, etc...)
Thank you!

Boy, this is a tuff one. We were just there and had a photo shoot at 9:30 AM and breakfast at 10:40, which worked perfectly. The only downfall was not getting to the Magic Kingdom until about 12:30. If you decide to do the photo shoot after your meal, I would allow 1 1/2 hours for your breakfast, just to be safe. The check in desk for the photo shoot is just across from the restaurant, so you wouldn't have to go far to get there. I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help anymore!!!

Thanks Hannahon, that was what I was afraid of. We are doing the 'Ohana breakfast on our MK day and I'm not sure now if it means we won't get to MK until noon. That seems so late.

On the other hand, trying to book a session before breaksfast means I will be a mean, mean Mom :rotfl: for making them get up early.

Scat

The photo sessions are supposed to be 20 minutes. We booked a 7:00pm shoot at the Poly because we wanted sunset. We had breakfast ADR's the next morning at Ohana's but we didn't want to have to worry if we would be through in time. We did get extra time with the photographer by having the last appt. of the day, since she didn't have to hurry and finish to get to the next appt. She shot 111 photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter