'Ohana Bread Pudding Twice In One Trip?! How can Life Possibly Get Better Than That *Complete*

I'm so very on board with this DR! I've been following along on IG, but now I get the details behind some of your pics. So excited for another one of your reviews. You and Rob really looked to have a great and very busy and full first day!

Joining in! :wave2: I had no idea that Trail's End wasn't always a buffet. Your app sounds like something I'd be all over. I'm sorry it wasn't good. All of your choices from the F&G booths look great especially the tacos. I wish I'd gotten a chance to try them

And the lovely Tinker Bell.

Dang! I tried to get pics of every topiary but I missed Tink. :sad2:

P1030169.jpg

This is a beautiful shot. :goodvibes

LOVE your reviews! Looking forward to the rest of your trip. And I am old enough to know who Little River Band is and know the words to most of their songs :mic:.

I am beyond in love with these tacos! Everything just works perfectly together. I am normally not a fan of the corn tortillas and prefer the flour tortillas, but not with these. Perfection on a tiny plastic plate. :thumbsup2
Wow, not one but two of these bad boys. They must have been good as it sounds delicious

Rob got the Tecate Draft Beer with Patrón Citrónge.
First, love me some Tecate on draft which is hard to find, but second it had some Petron in it. Sounds like perfection. Gonna have to try that myself.

had the Vegetable Spring Rolls.

These were excellent! Tons of filling and fried to perfection. I loved the dipping sauce too. And one of the cheaper items on the menus!
These look crispy and delicious

It truly tasted like Maple Bacon Beer. Very odd, but good.
Wow, never heard of this. Gonna have to try that some day

However, I still had a blast. I love the outdoor concerts. I wish they had them year round.
I'm with you. We've never been able to try an eat to the beat, but would love to someday. I'll listen to just about anything if its outside and there is alcohol to be had.

I tried the Frushi. Fresh pineapple, strawberries and melon, rolled with coconut rice, topped with raspberry sauce, sprinkled with toasted coconut and served with whipped cream on the side.
I always thought this was a bit of a gimmick too. Good to know its actually good

And you know what tastes great after ice cream? Well, if you said, more ice cream, you would be absolutely correct! As we made the complete circle around World Showcase we stopped at Pineapple Promenade to try the Pineapple Soft Serve with Sammy’s Beach Bar Red Head Macadamia Nut Flavored Rum.
Love the way your roll

And is this a view to sit and enjoy some treats or what!
#PERFECTION

Holy snacks!! Those tacos look amazing! You guys really sampled some good food and drinks. We saw Little River Band too and I don't know the songs either :rotfl2: they were quite good though.

Joining in! I have been wanting to try the ADULT pineapple soft serve (ahem...loaded dole whip:o), but have missed F&G the past few years. I did hear that there was an adult version of this sold now at Animal Kingdom, so I will definitely try it there this fall!

Great photo of the water and SE at Epcot too!

And you know what tastes great after ice cream? Well, if you said, more ice cream, you would be absolutely correct!

:rotfl2:My husband and you would get along so well with statements like that!

Looks like your trip is off to a great start, especially on the food end!

I'm along for the ride! We went during F&G this year too. I am sad now that I didn't try the frushi!
I was dying for some ice cream and decided to skip over a few outdoor kitchens and make a detour to L'Artisan des Glaces for my favorite ice cream ever! Caramelized Apple & Crumble Crunch speaks to me.

I love this ice cream too! Didn't have it on our most recent trip, but tried it last September and was in love with it, omg.

I need those tacos in my life. We are on a soft corn tortilla kick over here and those really look amazing. The margarita looks delish too.

I still have yet to make a stop at L'Artisan des Glaces, but everyone raves about it. I need to make that a priority for next trip.

excited to follow along on your trip! That pineapple soft serve with rum looks amazing... wishing I had some now!

Thanks for joining in! How do more places not have Dole Whips?!

The frushi looks delicious. I have never been to F&G, but I do enjoy F&W.
I usually do not mix to many offerings 'cause I have done that and did not feel well in the heat.
So a few things to nibble, but eat regular light meals.

I love F&W! F&G is not quite as good, but it's a nice substitute. I have a hard time doing that in the heat as well. I tend not to drink at all at F&W or F&G when it's too hot outside.

Ok I need to join in just to get NY represented here among all you Jersey people!!!
Loving Your report so far :) DH and I did a quick anniversary trip back in March and we were lucky enough to hit opening weekend of F & G. Those Spring Rolls were awesome!!

Oh and we got to see the Gin Blossoms perform which thrilled me as I'd seen them a few times when I was in hs and college. But they were probably before your time, too ;)

Thanks for joining in! Glad you got to partake in F&G this year. I'm thinking that's the time of year we may go back next year to beat the heat a little bit.

No way! Definitely very much my time! I'm sooooooo jealous!!!! I wanted to see them very badly. I stalked Instagram on the days they played trying to see as many 15 second videos as I could. :laughing:

NY State here too !
But Jersey is good - son-in-law from Jersey !

Oh yes, I do :love: Jersey! Went to college there & still have many college friends there :)

When you live in the Northeast you end up with connections pretty much everywhere. I visit NYC and the Fingers Lakes area a few times every year and I have a lot of family in NY.

Oh. My. Frushi! - That looks so pretty, and from what you said, tasted amazing - beautiful photo!!!

That photo of Epcot, with the water and SE in the distance..... sigh.

I truly enjoy your TRs!

Thanks so much! It was very tasty. Very fresh and unique.

I wish I could just transport into that picture. If only.

That ice cream at L'Artisan des Glaces is my absolute favorite too! I have to have it every trip from now on!

Awesome! I just discovered it last year and I'm so hooked! Rob kept trying to talk me into trying a different flavor, but I wasn't hearing it.

Just found your new report so I had to join in looks great so far!

Hey there! Thanks for joining in!

You had me at bread pudding.

Following!

:laughing: The two greatest words in the english language when put together.

I know a fellow dis boarder will understand that the last picture from Epcot is so beautiful it actually made me tear up. I can picture myself standing there when I look at it. Wish I could hang it on my wall!! I love your reviews and I was excited to see you had started a new one when I logged on today!

Awww it really is so gorgeous. So many picture perfect views around Epcot. So glad you joined in for this DR with me. :goodvibes

Enjoying your great reviews so far and can't wait to see more!
The Frushi @ Hanami looks awesome!
I remember see the Little River Band when I was very young, would have been great to be there and see them again!

Thanks for joining in! Little River Band was really fun! I feel like I know music pretty well, so I was surprised I didn't recognize any of their songs, but they were super entertaining.

I am in, I always love your reviews! We were at F&G at the end of April. Loved the Frushi, eggrolls, and the taco...yum! The hot dog was spicy...way more than I thought, lol.

Hey there! Thanks for joining in this DR! Glad you got to try so many items at F&G as well. I wish I had tried the hot dog. I'm not always big on sauces, so the vast amount of it they put on Rob's hot dog kinda scared me off. Oh well, there's always next time right?!

So glad to see you're doing another DR Jeri! Looks like some great snacks and beverages from the F&G booths.

Hey there!! Excited to get this DR started finally! We enjoyed the F&G booths even more this year than we did last year. Got to try a lot of great stuff this time. Now if I could only go back for F&W...

Oh my, those tacos and ice cream look delish! I can't wait until F&W..LOL

So jealous that you'll be at F&W! Hubby is out of vacation days this year, so I don't think it will happen for us. Hope you have an awesome time on your trip! Have a taco for me!

I've been checking (stalking...) the DR boards waiting for you to start this! I always love your reports and will especially enjoy this since our trips overlapped. I like to see what others where doing when I was there. Is that weird?

I am dying to try Trails End because of you. Haha! Although what I most want to try is the veggie flatbread (I'm vegetarian ;) ). I am really going to try and make it on our trip next month.

I've never been good at sampling the booths. It always looks so fun when others post about it but I have yet to really succeed at doing it. I did try the Frushi and was actually not that impressed. Maybe its just the hype that set my expectation too high. Probably not something I would get again.

Looking forward to more reviews!!

:laughing: Not weird at all! I totally get it. I sit there looking through hashtags on Instagram of stuff I did the same day. Rob thinks I'm weird, but what does he know. :rotfl2:

I hope you do get a chance to try Trail's End on your next trip. Not a lot for vegetarians there it seems, but that flatbread does sound delicious.

I think that fortunately for me I was feeling the exact opposite about the Frushi. I thought it looked weird and couldn't understand why everyone seemed to like it, so I had very low expectations. Rob and I are a little bit too good at the booths. At least, that's what our wallets tell us. :laughing:

I WANT that Maple Bacon stout!

It was really good! I'm not sure what brewing company made it, but I'll have to keep an eye out for it at home.

That ice cream sounds amazing!

It tastes amazing too! It's like fall in a waffle cone. :love:

I'm so very on board with this DR! I've been following along on IG, but now I get the details behind some of your pics. So excited for another one of your reviews. You and Rob really looked to have a great and very busy and full first day!

Thanks for joining in with me here and on IG! We definitely had an awesome first day! We never know how we'll feel after that drive, so it's always satisfying to get in a full, fun first day.

Joining in! :wave2: I had no idea that Trail's End wasn't always a buffet. Your app sounds like something I'd be all over. I'm sorry it wasn't good. All of your choices from the F&G booths look great especially the tacos. I wish I'd gotten a chance to try them

Dang! I tried to get pics of every topiary but I missed Tink. :sad2:

This is a beautiful shot. :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in! I had been so intrigued by the idea of the appetizer for so long and I couldn't believe it was a disappointment. Such a bummer.

The tacos are incredible! Although I'm not sure I've ever met a taco I didn't like. :laughing:

That Tinkerbell topiary snuck up on me out of nowhere! We were walking by the butterfly tent and, boom, there it was. Didn't even see it until the last day. I am bummed I didn't get better pics of the topiaries this year. I kept telling myself I would get them later in the trip and never did. Oh well, it's not like I won't ever be back for it I guess!

LOVE your reviews! Looking forward to the rest of your trip. And I am old enough to know who Little River Band is and know the words to most of their songs :mic:.

Thanks so much! I wish I had known their songs! They were really great though. New fan!

Wow, not one but two of these bad boys. They must have been good as it sounds delicious

First, love me some Tecate on draft which is hard to find, but second it had some Petron in it. Sounds like perfection. Gonna have to try that myself.

These look crispy and delicious

Wow, never heard of this. Gonna have to try that some day

I'm with you. We've never been able to try an eat to the beat, but would love to someday. I'll listen to just about anything if its outside and there is alcohol to be had.

I always thought this was a bit of a gimmick too. Good to know its actually good

Love the way your roll

#PERFECTION

Oh, those pork tacos are amazing!!! Two is not even enough!

The Petron in there was amazing. It still tasted really light and refreshing. We stopped for more of those later in the trip.

The beer was very interesting. Couldn't drink a lot of it because it was pretty heavy, but the smaller size at the festival was perfect to sample it.

We LOVE Eat To The Beat!!! I was looking at the lineup for this year and it is killing me! I want to see Sugar Ray there so badly. Life goal. :laughing:

The Frushi was definitely a really nice surprise! Fruit with rice seemed odd to me, but it worked!

Holy snacks!! Those tacos look amazing! You guys really sampled some good food and drinks. We saw Little River Band too and I don't know the songs either :rotfl2: they were quite good though.

We really did it up at F&G this year! I am hoping to go back for the start of it next year. I really want to beat the heat next trip. Okay, glad I'm not the only one who didn't know their songs. Even Rob knew a couple of them. I was starting to feel left out. :laughing:

Joining in! I have been wanting to try the ADULT pineapple soft serve (ahem...loaded dole whip:o), but have missed F&G the past few years. I did hear that there was an adult version of this sold now at Animal Kingdom, so I will definitely try it there this fall!

Great photo of the water and SE at Epcot too!

Thanks for joining in! The ADULT Dole Whip is definitely worth trying. They did have it at AK as well. I hope you enjoy it!

Great reviews and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much for joining in!!!

Following! I love your reviews!

Thanks so much!!! So glad you are joining in!

I really enjoy your reports! Joining in

Woo hoo! Thanks for joining in!!!

Yay, I love your reports! Can't wait for more. That dole whip with rum looks amazing.

Awesome! Thanks for joining in! The Dole Whip was delicious. Every bar in America needs these. :laughing:

:rotfl2:My husband and you would get along so well with statements like that!

Looks like your trip is off to a great start, especially on the food end!

:laughing: Great minds! Food wise, this was by far the best trip we have ever had. Other than my TE appetizer I liked everything this trip. We really did it up.

I'm along for the ride! We went during F&G this year too. I am sad now that I didn't try the frushi!

I love this ice cream too! Didn't have it on our most recent trip, but tried it last September and was in love with it, omg.

Thanks for joining in! F&G is always a blast. Too bad you didn't get to try the Frushi.

I tried it last September for the first time as well! It really is so awesome. I was afraid it was seasonal and that they wouldn't have it this time, but fortunately they did.

I need those tacos in my life. We are on a soft corn tortilla kick over here and those really look amazing. The margarita looks delish too.

I still have yet to make a stop at L'Artisan des Glaces, but everyone raves about it. I need to make that a priority for next trip.

I seriously CRAVE those tacos! Such a perfect combination of ingredients. The margi was delish also.

I definitely recommend making it a priority! You will not be sorry!!!

The next morning we were up SUPER early to make sure we were at MK in time for rope drop. I must say, I was quite impressed with myself because I work a 4-12:30am shift at work and normally sleep from about 2am-10am, but I was able to flip a switch on this trip and wake up early without any issue. The things you do for Disney World!

We were at MK way before rope drop and had a great front row spot to watch the cute little rope drop show. I posted videos of it on my Instagram if you are interested in seeing them. We were one of the first people in the park and went straight back to SDMT, along with everyone else, since I could never manage to get a Fastpass for it. We get back there and the line was already insane and a 50 minute wait. How is that possible? We were so early! I was not wasting valuable rope drop time waiting in that line, so I said forget it and we hit up Peter Pan, which has an awesome new queue, and were able to walk right on it. We did 5 or 6 more rides and by 11:30 the park was really filling up, the wait times were getting longer and it was HOT!!!!! While we were waiting in line for Big Thunder Mountain we used the WDW app to book a lunch reservation. We never ate anything for breakfast in our rush to maximize rope drop and we were now starving!

Here we are on our way to lunch. I love my Ariel inspired mouse ears!

Oh, and here is a picture of the new grassy area of the hub. I LOVE THIS!!!

We had a Fastpass to watch Wishes here a few nights later, which sadly went unused. This seems like it would be the perfect spot to view them though.

But now it's time for lunch somewhere we hadn't been in 6 years. Tony's!!!!

I see so many bad reviews for Tony's but I've always enjoyed it here. We did have a bad experience here on our honeymoon 6 years ago, but it was not the restaurant's falut. The folks seated next to us let their kid sit there in a poopy diaper the WHOLE MEAL and even kept commenting how bad the small was, but never changed the poor child. Rob had since associated this place with poopy diaper. It was bad, but I didn't let it ruin my enjoyment, so I was glad I was finally able to talk him into coming back here this trip. The lunch menu looked good and I was excited to eat here once again.

We were seated out in the sun room area of the restaurant which was great for people watching.

To start, Rob ordered the Seasonal Soup, which was an Italian Wedding Soup.

Now, we can get some AMAZING Italian Wedding here at home all fall and winter, so this didn't quite live up to such high standards, but Rob said it was still very good.

I went with the Zucchini Fries. Breaded seasoned Zucchini with Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Dressing for dipping.

I loved these!!! Even though they are fried, it doesn't feel like you are eating something super unhealthy and the sun-dried tomato sauce is awesome. I highly recommend these!

For our entrees Rob got the Shrimp Scampi. Linguini with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Asparagus tossed in a Garlic Sauce.

This was so much food! Rob loved this and said everything tasted fresh and wasn't too heavy of a dish.

I got the Meatball Trio. Meatballs cooked in Marinara Sauce topped with provolone and arugula on House-made roll.

Yum! I loved the house-made chips most of all. The melted cheese on these was a perfect touch. I liked the chips more than the sliders! The meatballs themselves weren't my favorite, but they were still tasty and I loved the rolls they were served on. I was so full I only ate one and a half of these. This was a huge portion of food and for $13.49 they were a decent bargain for a table service lunch in the park.

Tony's is back on the list! We had a really great meal here. And no gross smells! :rotfl2:

And now we end the meal with a super awkward photo.

Oh goodness. :laughing:

I have never been to Tony's but that does look good. Those homemade chips look fantastic.

I'm normally a lurker to the boards. But thought I'd finally comment. :)We just came back from a trip two weeks ago. We did a pre park breakfast at BOG. While not normally breakfast people, it was a GREAT way to start the day. We we in a line for SDMT before the park officially opened. We were the first group of people to ride it that day!! If they proceed with BOG breakfast in the future. I recommend just for that! And the food was pretty good there too. Croque Madame was our favorite. Look forward to reading more!!!

Last edited:
We were one of the first people in the park and went straight back to SDMT, along with everyone else, since I could never manage to get a Fastpass for it. We get back there and the line was already insane and a 50 minute wait. How is that possible? We were so early!

Hmm. I wonder if you'd waited how long it would have been. Maybe they overestimate in preparation of the crowds. :confused3

Beautiful!

The folks seated next to us let their kid sit there in a poopy diaper the WHOLE MEAL and even kept commenting how bad the small was, but never changed the poor child.

Poor baby!

I went with the Zucchini Fries. Breaded seasoned Zucchini with Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Dressing for dipping.

Great choice, they look amazing!

For our entrees Rob got the Shrimp Scampi. Linguini with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Asparagus tossed in a Garlic Sauce.

This was so much food! Rob loved this and said everything tasted fresh and wasn't too heavy of a dish.

That does not look like a Shrimp Scampi that I've ever seen but it does look delicious and incredibly fresh. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter