Ohana at 8:30pm too late?

MamaKeller

Earning My Ears
We've only been for breakfast and loved it...but I want new experiences this year. I am coming down with my 11 and 13 year olds and leaving the baby at home with Dad. Thoughts? Is the rumor of bad service late at night worth not going? This is a pretty big stretch of our budget. Thanks!

Last edited:
You are more likely to be seated 30-45 minutes late. Service is generally fine, but I think people get surly because of the seating delays.

You are more likely to be seated 30-45 minutes late. Service is generally fine, but I think people get surly because of the seating delays.

We had an 8:15 reservation this week and finally got seated around 9. Food was good, fireworks view was lovely, but we're not in a hurry to do it again soon just because it takes so long with the seating delays.

We have a 9:50pm ADR for our upcoming trip. Might seem very late to some but this is our arrival night. Our stomachs will think its only 7pm because of time differences from our home town.

Lots of guests book a dinner there expecting to see Wishes from the restaurant. But the people who booked an earlier reservation dawdle over their food to stretch it out longer so they can watch the fireworks from the restaurant. So there is a mass exodus once the show is over and all the guests who booked a time around the start of Wishes now get seated after Wishes is over.

For us, this would not work.... It takes hours for us to walk off all the food we just consumed from that restaurant. And at that hour, we are already at our resort contemplating on going to bed.

We had an 8:30 PM reservation once and weren't seated until 9:45 PM. Honestly, the food isn't good enough to wait that long.

We had A reservation for 8:20pm may 31 And We had the best Food And service In 3 Times We Gone there. And You can eat your bread pudding with the view And music of Wishes. Magical experience for us :love:

No it's not too late, but I'm going to suggest getting there arriving no later than 8:15. They do get backed up by that time so the sooner you check in, the better.

We've only been for breakfast and loved it...but I want new experiences this year. I am coming down with my 11 and 13 year olds and leaving the baby at home with Dad. Thoughts? Is the rumor of bad service late at night worth not going? This is a pretty big stretch of our budget. Thanks!

If you are okay with delayed seating, you will be okay. The service and food are the service and food, no matter the time you are there. It is hit or miss lately, IMO, so I do not thnk the time of your meal matters in regards to quality.

You know your fmaily and their ability to eat late. Do the kids get Hangry if they are too hungry? Can they sleep after a heavy meal that late? Just watch the time of the ADR, check in at least 15 minutes early, if they let you, and enjoy the Poly.

They accept ADRs until 10 PM. I would try to switch to an earlier ADR. The issue with an 8:30 PM ADR is that there is a very big slowdown in table turnover due to groups wanting to stay and watch "Wishes" and other groups that are just enjoying a long dinner with friends or family. It also depends on what time of year, crowd levels, and even the weather.

My suggestion would be to keep checking and see if an earlier time becomes available. I shoot for 7:15-7:50 ADR and find that we have a much shorter wait to be seated. Using the MDE app or mobile web site allows you to check "anytime", I find that times open and close all the time but most frequently in the 1-2 days before your actual date. Since there is a 24 cancellation fee of $10 per person for missed ADRs, most people will cancel instead of just being a "no-show" as in the past. Keep checking and you might get some pixie dust.

Dave

I think the latest I've ever done an ADR anywhere is 7:30. We've done Ohana dinner 2x's and breakfast only once. You are served A LOT of food at dinner. I'm not a fan of eating late in general. If you can, try to get an earlier ADR. Shoot for no later than 6:30 if you don't want to be eating late. Both times we went, we waited a good 20-40 minutes past our ADR time to be seated. Breakfast we were seated much faster.

OK, this concerns me. We have a ADR at Ohanas for 7:30am the day we check out. My plan was to be able to eat and be done by 9am, does this sound doable? We are supposed to be at the Port for a cruise at 10:30 so 9am is about as late as I want to leave to allow time to get over to Port Canaveral.

Last edited:
We have a ADR at Ohanas for &;30am the day we check out. My plan was to be able to eat and be done by 9am, does this sound doable?

Absolutely not. It's an AYCTE meal served to the table. Even if you're flexible about skipping all characters, half an hour isn't doable even if seated on time.

OK, this concerns me. We have a ADR at Ohanas for &;30am the day we check out. My plan was to be able to eat and be done by 9am, does this sound doable? We are supposed to be at the Port for a cruise at 10:30 so 9am is about as late as I want to leave to allow time to get over to Port Canaveral.
Not even a chance. You would be lucky to be seated by then.

Absolutely not. It's an AYCTE meal served to the table. Even if you're flexible about skipping all characters, half an hour isn't doable even if seated on time.

Sorry, had a typo in my message, but our time is 7:30am, so we would have 1.5 hours before we have to leave, but if we are not seated on time, I can see it being rushed. And the only reason we are doing the meal is to have Stitch time for my son, but I think he may have to just have some time with him in the park.

Sorry, had a typo in my message, but our time is 7:30am, so we would have 1.5 hours before we have to leave, but if we are not seated on time, I can see it being rushed. And the only reason we are doing the meal is to have Stitch time for my son, but I think he may have to just have some time with him in the park.
7:30 I think is possible. They shouldn't be running late at that point.

You should be more than fine. They will not be far behind at that time. I would still get there 15 minutes early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter