Ohana and viewing wishes

ksantilli

Mouseketeer
We are going to be taking friends with us to WDW this October, who have never visited before. We have never eaten at Ohana, so I made reservations for us the second night we are there, but it will be the first night we are in the MK and they are excited for Wishes. I booked it at 8:10, hoping to see the fireworks during our meal.

I called to ask a cast member just now how it works, can you request a table near a window, how long is the meal... she told me I would be "unable to view the fireworks from that location." What?!:confused3
Can you not view Wishes from Ohana?

Thanks to anyone who can offer any info!

It is possible to be placed at a table that you can view wishes from but it is not guaranteed and if they are behind(which is almost always) then they will not allow you to request a specific type of table. I would not try to view wishes from O'hana rather than the MK for brand new people to Disney- the view will not be nearly the same. I don't know the time of wishes but if they are at 9pm- I doubt you will get a table that will offer wishes viewing- you might have a chance if wishes is at 10pm and you want to take a really long time eating.

It is possible to be placed at a table that you can view wishes from but it is not guaranteed and if they are behind(which is almost always) then they will not allow you to request a specific type of table. I would not try to view wishes from O'hana rather than the MK for brand new people to Disney- the view will not be nearly the same. I don't know the time of wishes but if they are at 9pm- I doubt you will get a table that will offer wishes viewing- you might have a chance if wishes is at 10pm and you want to take a really long time eating.

Thanks for the response. It won't be our only night at MK, but I wanted to be able to let them see Wishes that first night, if possible. It was the only time available to eat at Ohana during our 10 day stay, so I took it. I may have to reevaluate that...

Thanks again!

At 'Ohana some tables have a good view of Wishes, but most do not. You can request a table with a view, but there is no guarantee so it is not the restaurant to choose if seeing Wishes while dining is important.

You will have a better chance to see Wishes during dinner if you choose California Grill or Narcoossee's. Both have tables with a view and an outside deck if you do not get a window table or if someone stands on the deck obstructing your view at Narcoossee's. At both restaurants they dim the lights and pipe in the music and if you plan to go outside to the deck just let your servesr know and they will pace your meal accordingly.

We watched Wishes ( with a wonderful view ) for our anniversary last October. We had requested a " viewing " table , but were told that they could not promise us anything for sure. They certainly came through for us in the best kind of way. Loved our fabulous evening.

If Wishes is at 9:00 it is unlikely you will have a window table with an 8:15 ADR. Anyone seated at 8:15 is likely staying put until after Wishes. Even with a window table, the view can be obstructed by trees. I agree Narcoossee's deck or Ca Grille observation deck are better options ffor fireworks views. I think you will be disappointed at 'OHana. Everyone wants the same view you want.

The food is awesome, but it takes forever to get seated and a view is not guaranteed. Can you do maybe Cali Grill that night and Ohana a different one?

Thanks for all of the responses and suggestions! Wishes is at 10:00, so either I need to plan for us racing over to the MK to view them from just inside the park, or try to change our reservations. Unfortunately, we are a party of 10 and I'm having the tougest time getting anything for a party that size. When our 180 day mark hit, I couldn't get the computer to cooperate for our reservations. I was watching all of these times disapear in front of me, as it wouldn't let me choose anything. I ended up having to call after trying for 20 mins and nothing would work, not different browsers, or refreshing the page. :( I took what I could get, but have been trying to make changes since then, to no avail.
I'll keep checking and see what comes avaiable. Thanks again everyone!

Has the construction at Poly blocked all viewing from the beach for Wishes? Even if it is your group could walk over to GF and watch them from there. :)

There are literally like 2 tables that have a view of the castle at 'Ohana. We have been lucky to have been seated at them twice. :)

However, I wouldn't count on it but you could always ask.

There are literally like 2 tables that have a view of the castle at 'Ohana. We have been lucky to have been seated at them twice. :)

However, I wouldn't count on it but you could always ask.
Good for you guys! Bummer that there are so few tables with a view!

With a group of 10, your chances of being seated at a spot in 'Ohana that has a view of Wishes is, realistically, zero. But, if you are actually seated on time, you should have time to make it down to the Poly beach to see Wishes from there, or perhaps even make it back to the MK and end up on Main Street (but not near the castle) to see Wishes from inside the park.

I agree with the PP, most of the tables along the window are for 3-4 people, maybe 6 in some areas. They have long tables down in the middle of the restaurant to seat larger groups. I would think they would plan to seat your group there. Depending on which table you get there might be a slight view for some, but it would not be great if there is a glare.

If you finish time to spare before Wishes, I would head for the Poly beach and watch from there.

My family has been seated at the coveted window tables twice, however we never asked. I your goal is to view Wishes during dinner i would go yo Narcoossees. Good food, a lovely porch to watch the fireworks, great service. 'Ohana is probably going to be a bust under your circumstances.

My family has been seated at the coveted window tables twice, however we never asked.

That is exactly how my family of 6 got seated at a round table right at the window. We never asked.

I wasn't even aware about the whole "Wishes thing" until all of the sudden the music came on, I think the lights dimmed, and children came dashing over to our spot at the window from ALL OVER the restaurant! I actually had to move my chair to block them all from crowding our table. They were trying to be right on top of us! "Um no, little girl, that's my purse you're stepping on. Go find your mommy".

Just go down to the beach and sit on lounge chairs. Also they pump the music in so it's almost like your there
I have no first hand knowledge since our last stay at the Poly was before the renovation and construction, but I have heard it is not as easy to find spots on the beach. If viewing Wishes is the goal when booking 'Ohana, I still would change dining locations. If viewing is a bonus and the dining experience is the goal, that is different. But I would not send anyone over to the Poly for Wishes until we know for sure how they will be treated if they stake out spots on the Poly beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter