'Ohana and kids menu

'Ohana does not have a children's menu, however they will provide "kid" food to children. The server noticed my girls really were not eating so she brought out Mac and cheese and nuggets for them.

'Ohana does not have a children's menu, however they will provide "kid" food to children. The server noticed my girls really were not eating so she brought out Mac and cheese and nuggets for them.

1) Yep.
2) Since it is an AYCTE restaurant, there is usually ample on the menu from which kids can choose.
3) Alas, using "kid food" makes this a really expensive meal for the child.

As PPs mentioned, Ohana doesn't have its own separate kids menu, but if your child doesn't want what is offered at Ohana, the servers can bring items from the kids menu at Kona and Captain Cook's. Our server brought nuggets and fries for my DD when she was 6 and turned her nose up at regular Ohana food. But you will still pay the full Ohana price for the meal even if your child eats food which would be much less expensive if purchased from Kona or Captains Cook.

I hate it when servers do that.

Last time we went to Ohana, I told our server when we sat down that the kids would be eating exactly what the adults were getting, no substitutions.

Had the server tried to give non-menu food to my kids without asking, I would have stiffed them AND complained to management.

Our server brought our 1 year old grilled cheese and fries. They offered it without us asking

I would have been ticked if a server brought my child food I did not ask for, especially FRIES for a 1 year old!!! What in the world were they thinking??? In my house, my 14 month old eats what we eat for dinner. I do allow grilled cheese and the like on occasion when we go out to dinner (although most of the time I choose a grilled chicken, pasta, or meatball option if available), but if I booked 'Ohana, he would certainly be eating the same thing my husband and I do. I couldn't fit 'Ohana into my upcoming trip, but we will be at Garden Grille for one of our lunches and he will eat off of the plate brought to our table.

Last edited:
And yes, I understand some kids think breading and glo cheese are food groups. But you do not bring a kid food without talking to the parents first, por dios.

Last edited:
I think the OP simply asked if a kids menu was available :sad2: Yes, it is

Actually, there isn't, but per many people's experiences, they will bring food which is not on the menu.

I, for one, am glad that someone pointed out that their child was served different food without being asked. I didn't realize this could happen and am now mentally prepared on how to handle the situation should this occur. I find it rather insulting that a server would assume a small child wouldn't eat the food at 'Ohana.

Is it typical for the servers to automatically bring the kids food? I think my kids will love the normal/adult menu, and would really prefer they not get offered fries or nuggets or whatever (they're kids - they'll take the fries if offered!) Should I preemptively tell a server no kids food, or do they only bring it if asked or if they notice an issue?

Is it typical for the servers to automatically bring the kids food? I think my kids will love the normal/adult menu, and would really prefer they not get offered fries or nuggets or whatever (they're kids - they'll take the fries if offered!) Should I preemptively tell a server no kids food, or do they only bring it if asked or if they notice an issue?
I've heard it happens. I think setting expectations up front with the server is fine/likely for the best. The kids' dessert is also fine -- the kids got the kid dessert, not the bread pudding. But a brownie instead of bread pudding is orders of magnitude different than nuggets instead of shrimp skewer and stir fry veggies. Also, I was asked if brownie was okay.

I've heard it happens. I think setting expectations up front with the server is fine/likely for the best. The kids' dessert is also fine -- the kids got the kid dessert, not the bread pudding. But a brownie instead of bread pudding is orders of magnitude different than nuggets instead of shrimp skewer and stir fry veggies. Also, I was asked if brownie was okay.
Great - thanks for the advice! I agree with you - no problem if they get a brownie instead of bread pudding, but I know they'll love the shrimp and stir fry and eat it happily as long as they don't know fries are an option :-)

Yeah. It was not a big deal. I just told the server during drink orders, "My kids will be eating the standard menu with the adults, so be sure to bring everything out for 4."

We have eaten at 'Ohana several times and they have never brought our children different food than us. I guess maybe it depends on your server? I had never even heard of this happenings, but since it apparently does, it can't hurt to make a point of saying your kids will be eating off the main menu as soon as you're seated.

Our server quietly told me to let him know if we wanted chicken nuggets and fries for the kids, but he said let them try the good stuff first and see if they like it.

My 5 year old is a terribly picky eater and he ate the noodles, steak, and chicken.

The kids got a brownie dessert instead of the bread pudding, which they both enjoyed and neither would have wanted bread pudding.

I'm glad I read this thread. My 7 year old will happily eat adult food, until the opportunity for nuggets or orange mac are presented to her, mostly because they're options she never has at home nor do we choose local dining options that have those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter