Ohana and Fireworks...is this cutting it too close?

Tigpooh

Disney Fanatic!
Fireworks are at 9pm.....would 8:25 be early enough of a reservation for 2 ppl? We would need to request a window table too...I am trying for an 8pm, but so far no luck. So.....would 8:25 be pointless if that's our entire point of eating there that late? (We have another reservation for 3:30, but really wanted to watch the FW from Ohana for the first time.)

getting a table with a view of the fireworks is not a high probability. If your goal is to watch it during dinner, then switch to CG or Narcoosees

You aren't going to have success with this. A lot of times they just tell you "we can't do that" when you try to get a window table. The restaurnat is too big, and serves too many guests, all of whom want a table by the window for fireworks.

Ok. I have heard so many success stories here on the dis. I didn't realize it was so elusive. Thanks.

I've been to 'Ohana at least 8 times and have been given a seat with a view of the fireworks about half of the those. I don't think the view is good. My favorite way to view the fireworks is with a cocktail in my hand at 2. Cali Grill or 3. Narcoossee's. (My #1 favorite is from a MK view room at the Contemporary) 4. is in the park, 5. 'Ohana.

Last edited:
A Great fireworks view from inside 'OHana is highly unlikely. Keep your early reservation and watch from the beach later in the evening. Hoping for an inside view is a setup for a major disappointment

I've been to 'Ohana at least 8 times and have been given a seat with a view of the fireworks about half of the those. I don't think the view is good. My favorite way to view the fireworks is with a cocktail in my hand at 2. Cali Grill or 3. Narcoossee's. (My #1 favorite is from a balcony room at the Contemporary) 4. is in the park, 5. 'Ohana.

When I want to view any version of Wishes I book Narcoossees. I like CG, but I like the atmosphere at Narcoossees. In any case, I would not attempt Wishes from 'Ohana. My family has been lucky. Twice we were seated at the window round in the corner, and both times we never asked. We tend to dine later rather than earlier, so it all worked out. Had we planned.....it never would have! LOL!

If the fireworks are important to you, I would get something earlier. This could work if you are lucky enough to get a table by the window, but you may not be seated near a window at all. Really it is all in the luck of where you are seated.

I've eaten dinner 3 times at 'Ohana as a party of 2 (with my husband). Once (the 3rd time) was early...we did not intend to see fireworks. The other 2 times, Wishes was at 10. We had 9:30 and 9:50 reservations. We were seated promptly for both reservations at a table by the window with a view of fireworks. The first time, we didn't even know you could see fireworks from the restaurant, so that was a pleasant surprise. The 2nd time, we weren't necessarily planning on seeing fireworks from the restaurant, but we were happy we could do so.

So, to answer your question...it's the luck of the draw, but not completely impossible. It helps that you're a party of 2 as the smaller tables are the ones situated around the perimeter of the restaurant.

If you have a reservation at 8:30ish, plan not to be seated until after the fireworks are over. We had a late seating there once and saw the mass exodus from the restaurant once the fireworks were over. People arrive early and dawdle over their meals just to see the fireworks from the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter