Ohana 9:30PM ADR - YIKES!

Cynt

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation for Ohana's at 9:30PM in May. That's kind of late for us (3 adults) so I thought about getting there right when they open 5PM and trying to get seated w/out a reservation. Maybe even arrive at 4:30PM.

If nothing is available then we'll go back to POP take a nap, eat a snack and then head back over there for our 9:30PM ADR. I've been calling every couple of days to see if anything opens up for an earlier time the week that we're there. So far no one has cancelled yet. I'm even checking the whole week we're there and nothing is available yet. It's my favorite so if I have to wait until 9:30 so be it. But hopefully a little pixie dust :wizard: will fall my way.

Thanks for reading. I just needed to type out my thoughts.

Just keep calling because someone may cancel. If not, do like you said and go back to rest & grab a snack. I actually think that it could work by eating at 9:30. You could also go early and watch Wishes from the beach there and then go to your ADR.

We will be going there for the first time this Sept and I am a little worried about getting the times that we want, but I'll take what ever I can get. :lmao:

Don't give up! Keep calling. If you don't get it changed before your trip, stop by the guest relations desk at your resort (or at any of the parks) and ask. There's always the chance of a cancellation!!!!!

Just keep calling because someone may cancel. If not, do like you said and go back to rest & grab a snack. I actually think that it could work by eating at 9:30. You could also go early and watch Wishes from the beach there and then go to your ADR.
QUOTE]

I didn't even think about that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I agree keep calling its happened to me several times, I take what I can get but I keep calling and most times, not all I do get a time that I am happier with but I have had to change days before or get a lunch instead of dinner..

I am having the same issue. We're going at the end of May, and I've been calling for days and can't get anything at Ohana's (for dinner) for the entire week of our trip. We're staying at the Poly and really wanted to eat there, but we won't let it ruin our trip if we don't.

I'll keep trying though!

I have a similar issue, but for Breakfast. We have a 9:55am ADR, but we'd be arriving at the MK at around 11am which is a bit too late for my tastes. I've been calling every day to see if I can get an earlier ADR, maybe around 8:30am, but so far no luck. :(

I have a reservation for Ohana's at 9:30PM in May. That's kind of late for us (3 adults) so I thought about getting there right when they open 5PM and trying to get seated w/out a reservation. Maybe even arrive at 4:30PM.

If nothing is available then we'll go back to POP take a nap, eat a snack and then head back over there for our 9:30PM ADR. I've been calling every couple of days to see if anything opens up for an earlier time the week that we're there. So far no one has cancelled yet. I'm even checking the whole week we're there and nothing is available yet. It's my favorite so if I have to wait until 9:30 so be it. But hopefully a little pixie dust :wizard: will fall my way.

We have an 8:55pm Ohana in May. I was mad because I was thinking we were going to miss Wishes that night, but as it turns out Wishes is at 10 that night.

This happened to us! No reservations available but we showed up really early and as soon as the hostess came out to the podium I was first in line. We were seated at 5:10pm. Our waitress said you can almost always get in if you are there right at opening. I would definitely get there by 4:30pm as we weren't the only ones with that idea but we were there first. The hostess came out about 15-20 minutes before the restaurant officially opened.

We've done the 4:30pm walk-up multiple times and have never been turned away. :thumbsup2

I agree, keep calling. I've been calling 2x a day for the past 15 days trying to get availability at Le Cellier during our stay (similarly popular) and *finally* got lucky today. Odds are you'll end up calling right after someone cancels and be golden!

It may not actually work out too bad for you. I think that you may be surprised. I was there this past Monday and had an 8:25 reservation. This was our latest reservation and I was concerned that it was too late for the kids. This actually turned out to be the best meal and the best reservation time. All of our other reservations were between 4:30-6:30. We had always had such a large lunch that we were never hungry at this time and forced ourselves to eat something. We even tried a few times to call some of our other reservations on the day of and make them for a later time, with nothing available. We were hungry by the time it came to our reservation (probably didn't get seated until about 9) and ready to enjoy our meal. The best part was that we finished about 5 minutes before wishes started and were able to get a great view from the Poly beach, probably even better then we had from the MK the day before. This turned out to be our best meal at the World!!!

I thought my 8:30 was too late, I had my pick of times but would like to view Wishes while we eat.

I also have a 9.30pm ADR for 'Ohana in May. I am just grateful I managed to grab it as I have been trying to get it.:thumbsup2

I will try and get an earlier time as we have 2 boys(8 and 6). But if not then they will have a sleep during the day and we will have dinner and then go on to MK for EMH.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter