• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh Yeah We’re Going Again, But I’m Not Telling You Yet When! 1/27/15 Prayers Please

I really like the house you all stayed in. So very roomy and looks like such a comfy place to come home to. Reminds me of Give Kids the World!

Lovee the Monster Truck ride. Tyler would really enjoy doing that! How fun that Lisa got to drive the truk!

What kind of Wheelchair did Lisa pick? It sounds so pretty! Tyler got a new one this year as well and it is Neon green of course. That boy and his bright green:rotfl:

My mom has been in the hospital since Monday. Her cancer has spread. She is in the ICU right now. I'm running between hospital, school (Sierra is in Marching Band) home and Tyler's apts. But I am so happy I am here with my mom!

What a fun ride!! Yummy oranges!! James would eat those all day if I let him.

As I said before, we drive right by the citrus place but have never stopped. I've seen the monster truck parked out there and thought that it would be cool to ride in. From the looks of the pictures, it WAS cool! And, how neat that Lisa got to drive. Did they check her ID? :rotfl:

Orange picking and sampling some sauces sounds like a fun time! Throw in a game of checkers and it makes for a great outing!

Howdy, Judy! I have finally caught up with your thread here. That citrus place looks like lots of fun. Shall have to file that idea away if we ever make it back to Florida someday. I am so glad to hear that Lisa's wheelchair finally came! It sounds perfect for her. So strange that the insurance makes you wait 3-5 year between chairs; kids grow so fast, it seems they would want to keep them in a chair that is a good fit. BTW, how is your foot doing these days? Any word on a car? I pray for one specifically each time we pray for you.

We safely made it home from our cross-country road trip to visit family and now are in back-to-school mode here. Only a few days left of summer break - where did the time go?! I have been praying all summer regarding Ezra's teacher next year. He needs someone who understands him and will be willing to work with us to help him cope in the classroom. We find out a week from today who he got. I'm a bit nervous about it, especially since our meeting with the lower school principal/kindergarten teacher/SpEd teacher went so poorly in May. God knew we'd run into this before Ezra was even born, and I know He loves Ezra more than I ever could and wants the best for him, so I am resting in that. David and I have agreed to pull him from this school (even mid-year) if it looks like he isn't getting the help he needs. I have heard from other parents that the first grade team at our school is incredible, though, so we are going to give him some time to settle in and then reevaluate later this fall. He is already saying he will NOT go to first grade, so I know he is anxious about it.

Best thoughts to you and all the others who have mentioned struggles on here. Nice to know we can all uphold and support each other in prayer.

Glad to hear the new wheel chair arrived. If a girl needs a wheelchair it should at least be comfortable!

My mom lost her battle of Breast Cancer yesterday morning. I am beyond heart broken. :sad:

Tonya, I am have but a moment; however, wanted you to know I am truly sorry for your loss. I know how much your Mom means to you and what a struggle/battle it has been. May you feel God's grace, mercy and peace as you endure the difficult days ahead. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We are trying to keep my daddy going. He is so lost. They haven't left each others side in the 45 years they have been married but maybe one night and that was because my dad was in the hospital for back surgery. He was allowed to stay with her the entire time she was in the hospital and hospice. In the next few months we will be deciding if he will in their home, sell it and move to a smaller home (they have a two story) or move in with us.

I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do for Christmas as staying around here is just not an option without my mom. Disney certainly comes to mind. Although I have to say if I could I would hop on a plain and be there tomorrow. Our happy place. But my husband is looking for a truck so I guess I'll have to find somehwere else.

Judy, I haven't been doing a very good job of keeping up lately but I do check in when I get the chance. I am glad that Lisa finally got a new wheelchair.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

Marilyn

Wow, where did the summer go? It seems like just yesterday I was doing all of the end of the school year things and here we've been back over a week already! I taught summer school then went on vacation to visit family for a couple of weeks. It ended up being 6 women/girls, 3 generations of family in 1 house for 2 weeks! It went really well. Luckily they have a big house with multiple bathrooms.:rotfl2: Once we got home I had several medical appointments and then back to school.
The new school year is off to a good start. I've started the wheels in motion for one little boy to be submitted for Make A Wish. He has leukemia. I talked with the principal who gave me the go ahead to talk to the school nurse who is going to work with our bilingual liasion to talk to the family and possibly get the process started. Of course I'd like to see him go to Disney! He is a sweet little boy. If I didn't know he was sick I never would have guessed.
I was happy to see that Lisa finally got a new chair. I hope that your foot is feeling better. My sympathies go to cantwaittoseemickey and her family on their loss. Have a great trip whenever it is!

I need to ask you guys to pray for a friend of mine from high school, her boyfriend of 10 years and father to their son died Thursday evening. She had recently quit working to go back to nursing school so he made the money for the family. Please just pray for them, I want to help her and I feel this is the only way I really can.

I hope everyone is well and I am praying for all. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter